16. Boring Booty Call

CARTER

🏀

As I hear the door downstairs, I tell my eager dick to chill. It screams booty call, but I know better. I rushed through a shower, even though had planned to stay at the court past 10 pm - Addison's text got me curious.

Now, wet hair clings to my neck as I stare at my bedroom door. I shot her a text to let herself in; she knows her way around.

The stairs creak, a few footsteps, and a faint knock on my door. Smirking, I slip out of bed, heading for the door.

Yanking it open, I lean in. "Walking into the house, yes. My room, not so much?" I tease.

"I've been in here enough to bet on you being naked," she replies, pushing past.

She's not wrong.

"But for a booty call, isn't naked the way to go?"

"This isn't a booty call."

"I know you're a virgin, but you up is the classic booty call move."

"Not a booty call. Not a virgin."

"Sure, Foster."

She sighs, and I notice there is no trace of her trademark hoodie. Odd.

"Look, I wanted to talk. Don't get mad, okay?"

My smirk fades. "What did you do, Foster?"

Fidgeting with her black t-shirt, she finally answers, stressing the last word. "You said you made a deal."

"What did you do?" I feel a lump in my throat, hope she can't hear my heart racing.

I gave no fucking details. No traces. How would she know? Lips pressed tight, I can't give away anything. Just in case.

"I went deep, and then... nothing made sense," she babbles, shifting. "It's your dad. You made a deal with him. It's the only thing that makes sense. I don't know why he wouldn't... I mean, what kind of person does this? And why? Do you even like basketball? Is this what it's about?"

She rambles, a lot. Says more, but it's like I've gone deaf from the shock.

I figured she'd let it slide. Didn't think she'd dive deeper—hell, didn't think she'd uncover anything. Addison doesn't know jack about me. Damn, she couldn't care less about me. She's despised me since day one, so what gives?

Why the hell does she need to know?

"You hate me."

"W-what?"

"You snapped at me, judged me from the get-go. Why the hell do you care about the deals I make?"

"Because I—"

"Because what? I know you don't feel sorry for me. You never have. You only come back 'cause you'll be screwed if you don't. If the teacher was anyone else, we wouldn't be talking. You wouldn't know squat about me."

Addison opens her mouth, closes it, then clutches her t-shirt, hand over her chest. "Look, I said sorry for the stuff I said, the stuff that was out of line. But I'm not apologizing for being pissed when you ditch me for sex or to get wasted. No, I don't know you. And yeah, I misjudged you. Thought your life was all perfect and easy, that you messed around 'cause you didn't know what it's like to work hard for something."

"And that gives you the right to judge me? You wanna find out if I paid the price for my good life? Wanna know if I suffered enough to get everything I have? If my life's bad enough to excuse the shit I do that you don't like?"