LXIII. News UPDATES (JAN ~ MAR)

Looks like we're heading off to a good start, 2024! I have been posting a lot of news related to anime, movies, books and shows.

POP CULTURE

• Detective Conan x Hazbin Hotel

I actually shared a crossover fanart featuring Detective Conan and Charlie from "Hazbin Hotel" both on Ko-Fi and Webtoon. To anyone who's interested in checking out more bonus art, you can check it out on both sites.
For context, the Detective Conan manga will be celebrating its 30th anniversary of serialization whereas on January 10th whereas Hazbin Hotel (a popular indie animated web series set in Hell) premieres on Amazon Prime on January 19th.
I do wanna warn my young readers — as well as the parents — that both premise explore mature themes like violence, death, foul language, drugs and alcohol. However, you're better off letting little Johnny check out Detective Conan if you don't want him being exposed to hell-based content.
Imagine Conan putting Angel Dust to sleep as he hides behind the crusty ol' couch and copies his voice. Angel Dust just sits there with his head down and everybody thinks he was the one talkin'.

• Mickey Mouse Becomes Public Domain

On January 1st, Steamboat Willie has finally entered public domain. To those not in the know, public domain basically means you can use someone's creation without permission.
    You are free to sell art, merch and make fanmade content of said character as long as the creator allows it. Bear in mind that Steamboat Willie, the very first version of Mickey Mouse, has been protected by copyright according to US law for 95 years.
   Take everything I say here with a grain of salt as from my understanding, Steamboat Willie is the only one that's considered public domain. I am not sure so kindly tell me in the comments section in case I missed something.

• The Last Airbender (Live-Action)

Coming on February 22nd is Netflix's live-action adaptation of "Avatar: The Last Airbender." I have seen the trailers and I'm honestly ecstatic to see a much accurate depiction of one of everyone's favorite childhood shows.
They were able to portray the characters very well, the action sequence and world building. I hope Netflix is able to pull this off nicely.

• Kung Fu Panda 4

Not gonna lie, I wasn't expecting for a fourth movie but it looks kind of promising judging by the trailer. New characters. Old foes return. You have the main villain who is a chameleon. The movie hits theaters on March 8th, 2024.

BOOK UPDATES

The 3rd Anniversary of "BIOMETRICS"

At the start of the year, we celebrate the anniversary of the series. Who would have thought that the book was published at the start of 2020?
I have actually been working on the sequel albeit at a snail's pace due to my job, mental health and the fact I am caught up in finishing two previous novels right now.