when it started

31 December evening,

"Shubman would you help me setting the plates..?" his mother and Shubman compiled being the sweet son he is . "what's up man you are looking nervous?" his dad stated also helping them as Ishan and his family is coming for dinner to celebrate new year together.

"dad, I want to gift someone  but I am not sure whether they would like it or not" his parents exchanged glances. "Shubman if you like them then they would surely accept your gift because, Your choice would always be perfect and good" his mother spoke, his father patted his back "don't worry Gabru .. they would surely love it..".

"by the way who is that person.. who stole our son's heart" before Shubman can open his mouth, a voice came "who else, some one as bitchy as he is mama.." Ishan came into view with a smirk. 

"oh Ishan .. come come see I made your favorite cookies.." Keart gill hugged her baby bear, everyone settled on the table. Shubman could not take his eyes off from the thief of his heart , his eyes moved from his long hairs falling on his face to the sparkling eyes as Ishan's mother said something then to his pouting lips when Mr. kishan joked about his UNO tricks.

  he felt a sudden urge to hold Ishan close, hug him, kiss him. His hand went to his right pocket, feeling the little pouch in it . "oye Shubman calm down you are literally shaking " Ishan's mother exclaimed, "uhh.. yyeah.." he stuttered. 

Ishan saw the nervousness on Shubman's face, he don't want this when they are having this great dinner, so he stood up. "Shubi come with me ?" "baby in mid of dinner.. please eat first" his mother said thinking that the duo is going out. "no maa, I have something important to do , come with me Shubi..".

"okay baby let's go.." he stood up and went behind Ishan , who was going to his room. Ishan closed the door knowing how childish their parents can be , thinking that they are going to kill each other , they would try to spy.

he pushed the taller boy on bed, making him sit "what's wrong Shubi? I saw so tensed out there" Ishan said making himself comfortable on other's lap. Shubman's hand Instinctively going to Ishan's waist, why would not when Shubman is holding like Ishan this so close to him since 7, Ishan was 8 but also baby between two of them.

"Shubi please tell me .." Ishan said in a soothing voice, his hand in soft locks of others, who nuzzled his nose in Ishan's neck, hands already under the sweater. Ishan sighed , "Shubi look at me na " he said pecking the whole face of Shubman, who looked so warm and cute right now. 

"baby I have something for you.." "you do Shubi?" and Shubman nodded with his puppy eyes, feeling a kiss on his cheek, he was loving this, being pampered by his baby. "Ishan, I know you might not like it, but I just bought these for you.." Ishan stopped cupping his face "you do realize you are rambling Shubi...".

"ok so let me give it to you.. " Shubman said making Ishan sit on the bed and going down on his knees, he put Ishan's left leg on his knee and took the pouch out.  Ishan looked at the beautiful, silver anklet adoring his left ankle. 

"these are made for you baby.. so beautiful" Shubman leaned down to leave a raspberry kiss on feet, "oh Shubman I love it. so much .." saying this Ishan hugged his boyfriend. 

(anklet plot is inspired from my baby @ItsAnwesha 's " the two silver bells " ff )

They both were cuddled up on bean bag in Shubman's balcony , decide not to join their parents anymore, just basking in the comfort of each other with two hot choco milk cups, waiting for fireworks to explode , when clock hit 12. 

people of their age decide to go wild, dancing in clubs or somewhere but Shubman Preferred this, peaceful warmth, Ishan cuddled up to his chest, wearing one of his hoodies, bear socks. 

It was 2nd January, Ishan did not go to school due to cold he caught , he wanted to but his boyfie did not let him saying 'I will note everything for you meanwhile you stay warm up here like a princess you are of mine..'.

"mama, where are you.." he yelled entering gill house, Shubman's mother came running to him "Ishan what are you doing here out of your bed, you want all of us to face an angry Shubman.." Ishan hugged the now worried women. 

"mama, mama... relax I was getting bored , and maa sent this jar of pickle.." he said going to kitchen for putting the pickle jar, "where is the other one Ishan?" Mrs. Gill asked looking at his feet. 

"other one.. I have only one mama..it was not a pair.." he said smiling . "Shubman did not give you both?" "how do you know Shubman gave it to me mama?" the lady smiled, ready to explain but his husband who was sitting on the couch whole time beat her "well because these ankles are one of our family jewels.." 

"family jewels papa..?" he asked now giving a hug to said man "now you see me" and Ishan smiled sheepishly. "yes, family jewels.. Gill's sons giving to their spouses , I gave to your mama and then we handled them to Shubman when he turned 15.." 

Ishan was lost at words, Shubman take their relationship this serious, but why he didn't give him both, only one, does he have any other lover?. "don't worry your pretty head, I am pretty sure, Shubman gave you one due to a reason" he came out of his thoughts, "yeah mama.. there must be" and smiled .

It was already 3 P.M , bell rung and Mr. Gill went to open the door "Shubman must be home.." saying this the lady went into kitchen, Ishan saw Shubman coming inside, his hairs dishielved , tie in his one hand, while other hand working on unbuttoning his shirt. 

"hey my darling enemy.. what you doing here.. are you feeling good.." Shubman asked , a tired yet beautiful smile on his lips, "uhh--hh I remember Maa told me to come home faster.." Ishan fiddled, getting up, a blush adoring his cheeks due to cold or may be due to someone else.

"but I just came back stay na baby.." the taller boy stepped forward with a smirk, "no no don't come to me Shubman .. you are sweaty..." Shubman hugged his bear "uhh get off me you fucker.." "no way baby darling .." Ishan pushed him away ready to shout but then his eyes went to the couple in kitchen, laughing at something 'give to their spouses..' this line played in his head, and his heart beat picked the speed.

"say it.. Ishan.." Shubman laughed but Ishan shook his head, looking at him through his lashes "no, ab na kahuga (won't say it from now on).." and went out to his home, shubman looked at his now running boyfriend's feet from where the sweet little sound was coming.

"now we know why you were so nervous yesterday and never came back.. see your, already choosing his life partners and not even telling us.." his father said in a dramatic tone. 

"Dad you know this from last four two, when I asked for the anklets from you guys.." he rolled his eyes and went upstairs. his mother looked at his father or say glared "you knew it all along, but didn't share to me.." 

so this is how it all started and Shubman is dying to know the reason behind it.

-----------------------------------------------Ocean_215------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading it.

Well guys I am having an idea of oneshot , so after writing I will update that into 'shubish oneshots' book, don't forget to check it out, it will be updated soon.