Reunion

Rhonda parked right outside of Pop Village and everyone stepped out with big smiles.

Tiny: Oh yeah! Time to tell Daddy everything and cancel my bedtime!

Floyd: Branch, you've gotta show me the hideout!

Branch: Fine, but I put an elevator in place of the ten story waterslide.

Floyd: I'll take my chances with you, little bro.

Clay: I'll check it out too!

Poppy and Viva both laughed and held hands.

Viva: Come on, Poppy, give me the tour and then we'll go get a manicure!

Poppy: Vivi, hold on.

Viva started to drag Poppy to a random direction but Poppy quickly stopped her.

Poppy: As much as I love LOVE getting manicures, there's still something we need to do first.

Viva: What? O-Oh...
____________________

King Peppy: Poppy, tell me, how did your mission go?

Poppy: ...It went great, Dad...Dad, there's something I need to tell you.

King Peppy: What is it, Poppyseed?

Poppy: ...While we were away, I um...I met someone.

The former king smiled and placed a hand on his daughter's shoulder.

King Peppy: That's my girl, making friends everywhere she goes. Who was it?

Poppy: Um...see for yourself.

Viva entered King Peppy's pod fiddling her fingers nervously. King Peppy gasped softly and dropped to his knees as if he just saw a ghost. Tears were forming in his eyes.

King Peppy: V-Viva...?

Viva: ...Hi Daddy...

Poppy helped her father back up and he ran to Viva wrapping his arms around her and crying softly.

King Peppy: I can't believe it's you...I thought I lost you.

Viva smiled slightly wiping her tears.

King Peppy: Look at you, you're so grown up, you look beautiful.

Viva blushed and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Her smile suddenly faded and she sat on the floor.

Viva: ...Daddy?

King Peppy: Yes dear?

Viva: ...I found out from Poppy that she didn't know about me until recently...how come you never told her? Do you...not love me anymore?

Poppy was wondering the same way, she stayed in the back fiddling her fingers and staring at the floor.

King Peppy: Vivian, my dear, what makes you think I don't love you?

Viva sighed and took a family photo out of her hair from when Poppy was born.

Viva: I-I don't know...you never came to look for me or the other trolls...I had to leave them away after I saw what happened to Mom...and I couldn't find you. I thought you didn't want me...I was alone for nearly my whole childhood.

King Peppy's heart broke for his eldest daughter, he never intended to hurt her, and he certainly never intended for her to feel abandoned.

Poppy: Dad...is there something you're not telling us?

King Peppy: No no...well, yes actually...Viva, I never said anything to your sister because...because I thought I lost you to the Bergens. After your mother was lost, I went back to look for you, but the tunnels had collapsed...all I found was your hug time bracelet among the debris, I assumed the worst.

Viva put her hand over her heart, tears were beginning to form in her eyes. Poppy looked at the hug time bracelet on her wrist, no wonder it chimed when Viva put it on...it was hers.

King Peppy: I never stopped loving you, Vivian, I still had hope that you would return one day...it's kind of the reason why you didn't become queen on your 18th birthday, Poppy.

Poppy: Wait...so I became queen late because you were waiting for my sister to come back?

King Peppy: Yes...I feel terrible for not telling you, but my heart was broken...I didn't want you to grow up feeling empty inside like I did...I wanted you to find your own strength, Poppy. And Viva, I apologize if I ever made you feel alone. I love you very much, and nothing will ever change that.

Viva: I...I love you too, Daddy...

Viva hugged her father tightly, her tears now flowing freely from her eyes. Poppy got into the hug as well giving her dad and older sister a big squeeze.

King Peppy: I love you girls so so so much...