Under the Weather

Everyone had stopped to make camp for the night, it was getting late and it was pretty cold outside. Branch started setting up a fire shortly after they stopped. Spruce and John Dory were playing Go Fish nearby, Clay was drawing pictures in the dirt of a certain someone, and Tiny was already dead asleep in a sleeping bag.  Poppy sat next to Branch rubbing his back.

Poppy: Thinking about Floyd?

Branch sighed and put the sticks down, he was in fact thinking exactly that.

Branch: Yeah...yeah I am, what if we're too late?

Poppy shook her head and hugged her boyfriend tightly.

Poppy: We're not too late, we're going to save him, I know it. I know you would do anything for your big brother.

Branch: ...How do you know that?

Poppy: Because I know you, Branchie, you would never leave another troll hanging, never ever.

Branch knew that Poppy was right, he didn't leave her hanging when she left to save her friends on her own, he didn't leave her hanging when she went to unite all the troll tribes, and he certainly didn't leave his brothers hanging when he learned that Floyd was in danger. Branch knew that since childhood, he had a stronger relationship with Floyd than his other brothers, not that he didn't love them, he just didn't have the same spark he had with Floyd. But for Poppy...it was an even bigger spark. No, not a spark, a big roaring fire, one that would never be put out because he loved her so much. Poppy smiled at Branch and placed her hand on top of his, but that smile soon faded and she looked down at the ground.

Branch: Hey, I'm really sorry about Viva, I know you really wanted her to join us.

Poppy: I-I'll be fine, Branch.

Branch turned to his girlfriend and placed a hand under her chin.

Branch: She'll come around, she's your sister, she would do anything for you.

Poppy slightly smiled at Branch's comforting words, she did hope that Viva would come to her senses and catch up with them, but...she didn't believe her when she mentioned the Bergens, would she really be willing to take that chance? She didn't know her that well, nor did she remember her that well, but she and Viva really hit it off when they met, and finding out they were sisters almost made her heart stop. She had mentioned before that if she had a sister, and she were in trouble, she would show up and be there for her. But Viva was not doing that back, her care and protection was to keep her locked up in Putt Putt Village. Even though she didn't have any bad intentions, she just didn't want to lose her sister again. If she were in her position, would she do the same thing?

Branch: Poppy, it's getting late, we should all get some sleep.

Poppy: You're probably right...I guess I'll see you in the morning.

But when Poppy stood up to go to bed, she suddenly began to feel very dizzy, placing a hand on her head.

Branch: Poppy?

Poppy: I'm fine...

But Poppy wasn't fine, her head was killing her, she was seeing triple, since when did Branch have triplets? Poppy started feeling nauseous, her stomach started gurgling and her skin started to tingle, her eyes slowly closed and she fell backwards.

Branch: Poppy!

No hesitation, Branch caught his girlfriend before she even touched the fire, her eyes were shut and she wasn't moving, something was very wrong.

Branch: Poppy, are you okay?! Wake up! Come on, wake up!

No response, Branch carefully placed a hand on Poppy's forehead. He was left in a state of shock, this was the last thing he needed.