Wedding Surprise

Requested by @Amarabackus and inspired by @Kittyball23's "Viva la Vida"

Shortly before the reception...

Poppy and Branch both held hands as they made their way to their wedding reception.

Clay: Poppy!

The newlyweds were stopped by Branch's brother Clay, he appeared to be out of breath and a little freaked out.

Poppy: Clay, what's wrong?

Clay: I need your help!

Poppy: What? Did you go numb in front of my sister again?

Clay: Not exactly...can I talk to you in private?

Branch: Clay, what's going on?

Poppy: Give us a minute, Branch.

Clay dragged Poppy aside to talk to her.

Poppy: Clay, is there something wrong? Did you forget your best man speech?

Clay: No...it's not that.

Clay whispered something into Poppy's ear and she gasped covering her mouth in shock.

Poppy: Really?! Today?!

Clay: Yeah...I think now would be a good time.

Poppy thought about it, they had been together longer than she and Branch have. Maybe this would be a perfect time

Poppy: Clay...what better time to spring the big moment than on my wedding day? You've got a way of surprises.

Clay: You think so?

Poppy: Yeah, and I know the perfect way for this to go down.

Clay: You do?!

Poppy: Yeah, so when I have the bouquet...

_______________________

On the stage, Poppy smiled at all her friends holding her bouquet of red poppies. She knew exactly what she was going to do, and so did Clay, but everyone else was oblivious. Branch stood next to her still expressing a little doubt.

Branch: Poppy, are you sure you want to do this now? It's our wedding day!

Poppy: Branch, this is your brother we're talking about...and my sister. I want it to be a surprise for her...and she's going to be so happy.

Branch: But can't this wait?

Poppy: Come on, you know about the bouquet toss, just pretend you don't know what's happening.

Branch: Okay, then.

Poppy turned around smiling while all the girls at the wedding waited for her toss the bouquet. Her back facing them and the bouquet tight in her hands.

Poppy: Ready girls?!

Everyone screamed in joy already unable to handle the suspicion of who would catch it.

Poppy: Okay...1...2...3!

But instead of tossing the bouquet, Poppy ran down the stage holding her dress up, she gave the bouquet to one of the girls in the crowd, her sister.

Viva: Poppy? What happened to just tossing it?

Poppy just smiled at her sister not saying anything.

Viva: Wait...is there something I don't know?

Poppy motioned for Viva to turn around, Viva rolled her eyes and did so. Clay was walking up to her singing softly and smiling.

🎶I met this girl that rocked my world,

Like it's never been rocked.

And now I'm living just for her,

and I won't ever stop.

I never thought it can happen to a guy like me.

But now look at what you've done.

You got me down on my knee. 🎶

Clay was getting visibly nervous, he turned to Poppy who was giving him a thumbs up as if to say "You're doing great." Clay nodded and kissed Viva's hand before shakily bending down on one knee. Viva gasped putting a hand on her chest where her heart was pounding like a jackhammer. Was this surreal? Or was it for real?

Clay: Okay, um...Viva, I'm not sure where to start, but just...bare with me okay?

But Viva was already fighting back the tears in her eyes, Clay wiped them away so he wasn't tempted to cry too.

Clay: Pull yourself together, Clay, you can do this...okay.

Viva: C-Clay...?

Clay: Viva, I know you would often see me as your right hand man...and sometimes I would say that you're like a sister to me, but the truth is...I see you as more than that. You're my best friend, Viva, and someone that I enjoyed working with, but also loved seeing everyday. We've known each other for so long and...I don't know where I would be without you. You're my everything, Viva, and one the bravest and smartest trolls I've ever met. If I hadn't met you, I would've never experienced true love like this, with someone as unique and beautiful as you.

Viva didn't know how to react, it was all happening so fast, was this common? For the maid of honor and the best man to become one? She turned to her little sister who was among the crowd smiling. Clay took a deep breath and reached into his pocket taking out a black box. He slowly opened it showing a green ring that had a crystal rose on top of it. Viva gasped putting a hand on her mouth, she couldn't fight her tears anymore.

Clay: So um...Viva, queen of the Putt Putt Trolls, and my one true love, will you marry me?

Viva was nearly sobbing, this was completely unexpected. Right on her sister's wedding day, she was being asked the big question! Viva looked around for a moment before directing her attention back to her right hand man, he could become her fiancé before the wedding celebration was even over. Did she really want that? Did she want to be able to call herself a bride a few months away from now? Did she want to be in her little sister's shoes? Well...in her position? She was already picturing how her wedding would go, how she would be a wife, have a husband to love. Clay had asked her to be his wife!

Viva: Clay...mi amor...that was beautiful...just beautiful. All I have to say is...WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?!?!?

The Putt Putt queen yanked Clay to his feet, grabbed his face and placed a big wet kiss right on his lips. Clay was taken aback by her response, but still relished it while all the wedding guests cheered loudly. Poppy was cheering the loudest clapping her hands and hopping up and down. Clay took one of Viva's hands and carefully placed the ring on her finger, it clashed perfectly with her green dress.

Viva: About time, you goofball! ¡¿Qué te pasa, gallina?! (What's the matter with you, chicken?!)

Viva pulled Clay into a huge hug giving him another kiss. She turned her attention to her younger sister.

Poppy: So...did you like the surprise?

Viva: You knew about this?!

Poppy: Well, it was Clay's idea to pop the question, but the bouquet toss was my idea.

Viva: ¡Eres tan astuta! (You're so sneaky!)

Viva kissed her sister's cheek and hugged her tightly, it was definitely pretty sneaky, but she'll get back at Poppy later. For now, she just wanted to celebrate her engagement with her closest friend, and it was definitely the best thing that had ever happened to her.