× Chapter 6 ×

All three of us startled strongly

   All three of us startled strongly. Suddenly the tall trees started to move swaying in front and back, thousands of leaves falling on us and a cold wind brought with it a pungent smell... of death...
     The air was hard to breathe.. at one point I felt a slight touch.. I expected it to be Silas's hand.. but I was wrong, it was Ash's... I was shocked for a few moments but we had a bigger problem , something or someone was in that forest .. and wanted us .... dead . The horses got scared, breaking the bridle with which they were tied they ran confusedly into the forest. "The horses! " screamed Silas desperately ... I heard a screeching sound .. the monster was spinning around us still hiding in the bushes... I was turning my head in all directions, not knowing which side the creature was on.

Suddenly a person appears in front of us .. she looked like an old woman but more like a monster ... on her back she had moss and trees and her hands were gnarled .. like tree branches . She had dirty, long hair and her nose was pointed like a witch's.. she had long and sharp nails probably to kill... "Stand back!!" Silas roared, drawing his sword but it was too late.. the woman made repeated movements with her hands and the ground and trees began to move

         The roots grabbed my legs, immobilizing me, I looked at Silas in horror.... He was also caught. Ash managed to escape. "It's the Forest Mum!" shouted Ash who managed to climb a tree. "Who cares about names, she's a monster!" Silas said horrified... I looked at the monstrous creature rushing towards us... was this the end?

         Ash jumped, grabbing onto a liana "Usually this woman eats people" he said confidently, putting himself in front of us with his sword drawn , to protect us. With agile sword movements, he fought the monster, finally succeeding in killing it. The body of the Forest Mum was on the ground in a pool of black, viscous blood.... The smell was awful and the sight disgusting.... The roots retreated and Silas and I were free again, but something was not right...

       "I could handle myself, alone! Silas snapped pushing Ash angrily. "I didn't really see that " he chuckled. I tried to separate the two boys, trying to prevent a fight but a strange green light appeared...

╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌╌
                 this monster is from some
                    legends in my country    ಠ◡ಠ