× Chapter 1 ×

I looked up at the moon, admiring the dark blue sky covered with little sparkling stars

      I looked up at the moon, admiring the dark blue sky covered with little sparkling stars. Something in that sight made me relaxed .
I just finished my training.. a tough training. For two years I was in the royal army.. being the only woman it was difficult for me. I lost my parents when I was little, always wanting to become a skilled archer. I have longed for the Golden Dragon Medal for several years, this being the most important medal.

     The leaves of the trees moved, making a very discreet sound. I turned, glancing slightly . My gaze fell on a tall figure who smiled gently at me, sitting next to me. It was Silas, the prince of the Dragon Kingdom. We were friends for a long time, even if he had royal business, he always made time for me. Suddenly I felt a warm, discreet touch on my hand. His fingers gripped my hand, I looked into his sparkling blue eyes, blushing slightly.

      "I told you not to train so much, you're hurting yourself" he said calmly, squeezing my hand.
"I know..." I whispered, "But I have to be the best... I really want the medal". His gaze lifted slightly from the ground, looking into my watery eyes, "And you will get it, I'm sure of it" His warm voice moved me, making me feel safe around him.

      "What makes you come here? It's cold" Saying this he put a hand on my shoulders, making me flinch. "I always feel calm when I look at the moon, my mother always told me that the Moon Dragon was watching over the earth to protect us" I looked at him, waiting for an answer "They are just legends" he said with a chuckle, beating me lightly on the back "Dragons don't longer exist " something mysterious and uncertain was in his voice so I kept quiet.

      He looked at me, as if realizing that he hurt me a little "hey.. sorry, I didn't mean to upset you". I wanted to get up but his hand gripped my waist slightly, pulling me towards him, hugging me softly , I rested my head on his chest, blushing heavily. ,, It's late . You need to go to sleep" I looked into his eyes, nodding "Good night, Silas" I said, waving my hand gently as a sign of  goodbye . ,,Good night " he said.

      I disappeared into the darkness of the night, guided by the cold moonlight to the palace .. my home . I was walking through the high corridors illuminated by the light pouring through the stained glass windows in shades of light blue. I opened my bedroom's door, timidly entering... my eyes were very heavy and my whole body ached, I was tired. I threw myself into the silk bed, falling asleep.