× Chapter 3 ×

Arriving in the high hall lit by a huge lantern, full of lights that emanated warmth, I timidly looked at the king

    Arriving in the high hall lit by a huge lantern, full of lights that emanated warmth, I timidly looked at the king. Next to me came Ash, who was quite curious." I have called you two to perform an important mission." silently pointing at me "You might even receive the much desired medal you have longed for for so many years" he smiled lightly "The task you must perform is to bring back the four pearls guarded by different dragons. These pearls are dangerous if they fall into the hands of the Black Demon... a monster that wants to destroy the world and everything will end" I looked at him in horror " But the Black Demon doesn't exist.. and the dragons have't been seen for a long time!"
The Emperor spoke carefully "The Demon exists and he will lay his hands on the dragon pearls, and this will happen soon" Ash plucked up his courage and spoke "But how do we know the Demon is still alive?" "Last night a dark shadow appeared in my dream... as if it was next to me," said the terrified empress. I looked into the room, trying to find Silas with my eyes. He looked terrified.
"That's why I give you the task of recovering the pearls. Do you accept?" he said slyly, waiting for an answer. I looked at Ash who nodded "Yes" I said forcefully, leaving Silas shocked. "But, father, they will die.. the dragons will not let go of the pearls so easily!" Silas came out of the crowd, agitated. "Could I join the mission? Maybe we would be more successful! "
       "Enough, son!" The emperor snapped angrily. Silas withdrew, sad. "Your mission starts tomorrow so get ready" he said looking at me and Ash.