Chapter 9: Her Blood

Crystal was peeking at the brothers to hear what they were talking about and she was stunned when they were talking about 'HER'.
Vincent said firmly "Brothers, let's all agree our
little sacrifice is different , and seems to be lasting than the formal ones we once had" , Victor smiled , he cupped his chin with his hand and said "She's not just different , she's also very pretty and her long blond and those tempting white skin......" , "Would you just stop , in fact you all shouldn't put hope on her just yet , that weakling might not be around for long" Valentine cuts him short , Vance stated"Well maybe but for now let's enjoy it while we can , I'll be very honest I've never tasted blood so good and amazing , I might get addicted " , Victor added"ohh yes her blood is so sweet and tasty and her beauty compliments it, I just imagine if father were here things might be hard and different , I'm glad his no longer around", Vance and Vincent agreed with him but for some reason Valentine became angry , he stood up and lashed out "Don't talk about father that way, he was a great king , and if he were here things would have been better, you are all just making no sense , I'm leaving" and with that he left their presence.
Victor sighed and said"Every time we talk about father he starts acting up " , Vance said too" Maybe cause he misses his daddy so much , and what happened to him, he still can't get over it" , Vincent replied "I guess so, but what happened to father is for the main best , plus father was too controlling , now he's not here our freedom is guaranteed", after saying that they all agreed with him.

Crystal , who had been there listening all along was stunned by the brothers comments about her, and it was the first time she had seen the always cold and negative Valentine looking so angry, she didn't want to be in that atmosphere much longer so she slowly left like the way she had came not to get their attention, she went upstairs to the room and stayed there.

The next day, things wasn't any different , of course yeah, she knew what was coming as usual.
Crystal woke up and was ready to go downstairs to eat before she would bath, but she was about to get up , she was taken a back when she saw Victor entered her room with a tray of already prepares breakfast in his hands,

Crystal was speechless as to why he did that, Victor walked up to her smiling as he also sat down on the bed close to her" Hey there my Darling , I see you're awake now, I brought you breakfast , I prepared it myself as always as the rest are not ...

Crystal was speechless as to why he did that, Victor walked up to her smiling as he also sat down on the bed close to her" Hey there my Darling , I see you're awake now, I brought you breakfast , I prepared it myself as always as the rest are not good at cooking as I am" , Crystal gasped but she couldn't be silent that long so she replied him "Ummmmm, thank you ....." , he smiled once more and said "Listen it's alright , you don't have to thank me", Crystal stared at him , he notices how stunned she looked he asked her" Why do look so stunned my Darling ?", Crystal took deep breaths and replied"Well.....the thing is , I'm wondering how you made all this , when you ....umm..don't even eat them.. I mean..." , Vincent cut her short when he let out a laughter, then he stopped for a moment and replied her "Well I learned it by reading a book on how to cook and yes I don't eat them but it was fun making them plus I can't my little Darling starve ,that would be unfair" , Crystal looked at him as he said that, she replied him as she ate a little,"Ohhh....but you don't have to do all this , I'm only just a........sacrifice " , Victor's face changed to a serous look as he replied her while he held the side of her face in his palm"The others might take you for just a sacrifice but to me I think you mean more " , Crystal's eyes widened and she almost choked as she heard his words, quickly he handed her the cup of tea from the tray, he watched her gulped it and made sure she was okay , he stood up from where he was before and said "I didn't mean to startle you , I'm in a hurry actually, I mean to go and do some task in the City " , Crystal dropped her tea down and was confused and had to ask him"City?......where's that?", Victor was surprised that she didn't know what the City was , he replied"Wow , you must be a very local girl, the City is a big place , there are tons of humans there and also vampires too , of course my brothers and I decided to stay here cause we love our own space , but seems you're still unfamiliar with it, don't worry I'll take you to the City soon and let you see it for yourself", Crystal said to him,"Emm..... Okay " , with that Victor smiled warmly again and left the room.