Chapter 5: Sacrifice

The word *Vampire* echoed through everyone's ears , it sounded unbelievable but what had just happened might put a new mindset to it.
Harris did not want any trouble neither does he want any of his people to get hurt by these strange looking people he said to Vincent"Listen I don't want any problems we'll leave as soon as we can" but Vincent chuckled and replied"There's no need for that , you led your people here to my land , so you committed a crime so you must pay for it, but I can see how desperate you are in living here so I'll grant a deal between us , you'll give me something in return you can stay here as long as you want" Harris with a wondering look asked "What do you want? " Vincent firmly stated "I want a sacrifice, give me one of your people as an exchange to stay here" immediately Harris opposed him "No, there's no way, I can't do that" Vincent smirked and said to him"You have no choice , I see this is all still looking confusing to you so I'll give you two days to decide who you will surrender to me, but when I come back here soon and you haven't decide who it will be it won't take more than 20 seconds to wipe out all of you and if you think of running away there's no use cause I know your scent now and can track down all of you easily so do yourself a favour and provide me what I want, so see you all till then" , Harris was speechless after hearing that and didn't know how to reply him , Vincent made one last hand sign which was a signal for them to leave and with a fast move they all disappeared into the woods like nothing happened.

Everyone was not able to over come what they just encounter mostly Harris , Crystal put her hand on one of Harris's shoulder she said and asked"Dad what just happened seemed vividly unbelievable but it was all real, but my question is, are you gonna give him what he demanded for?", Harris placed his hand on top of hers on his shoulder and replied "Dear you're right all what happened was weird and hard to believe but I saw it with my two eyes , and for that question , I'll think of something soon before they return" he said putting hope on himself , Crystal and everyone else.

The next day seemed tight cause Harris knew he had one more day to decide cause, running away wasn't a good option for them and staying is also not the best decision too but he was helpless of course no one would ever want to go with complete strange people and he wouldn't want any one to go either cause he cares about his people dearly , he was confused , jolting left and right thinking of what to do cause all this was new to him he had never experience this kind of situation before, his sister Carol came over and joined him......

Crystal and Rudolf was with Donald at his tent , both were actually there to apologize to him for thinking he was crazy , starting with Crystal , she said with a serous look "Donny,we are truly sorry for calling you crazy and saying you were making things up , today we know now that things we think are fake actually exits and it makes me wonder what other type of creatures are out there " Rudolf added "Donny especially me I want to apologize I took mine too far thinking you were making it up I'm sorry , what happened today will hunt me forever , I mean those people looked humany but are really Vampires it still shocks me I thought vampires were myths" ,Donald sighed, he had every right to be mad at them but they were his friends for a very long time , so he replied"Hey guys it's okay , I accept your apology and I'm not angry anymore but we need to face reality , they are real and if you guys had listen to me before maybe we would have left this place before they even found us they lurk in this kind of cold areas, now I'm just worried cause they demanded for a sacrifice and in term it means they want someone that could offer them blood " both Crystal and Rudolf gasped at what Donald just told them, then Crystal said to them"Hey guys I think I'll ask to my dad what he's gonna do about their demand it's just one day left, guys I'll be back" ,she got up and left both Donald and Rudolf there......

Back at Harris tent both him and Carol were thinking on what to do about this weird situation they are facing, different suggestions but no way to go along with them , then Carol said something that shook Harris "Brother ummm what about Crystal ?" , he gasped and replied her "What are you saying Carol , you mean I should just give her to them no I can't do that ever", Carol said feeling bad of what she said" I'm so sorry brother I was just suggesting " then Harris added "I know Crystal is not my real daughter but still I love and care for her I don't want anything to happen to her" , saying that there was a faint gasp in the air , it wasn't Carol's of course but they both turn around and saw it was someone else , and that person was Crystal , who had come to see her dad.

Harris had no idea Crystal was there he and Carol were shocked but no as shocked as Crystal , then Carol said to him concerned "Brother I think its time you tell her" , he gulped loudly while Crystal still in state of shock and confusion asked Harris"What is aunt taking about dad,what do you have to tell me?" , Harris was speechless , he wasn't at all ready for Crystal to know this way and of course not now , Carol decided to break the silent "Dear come sit close to me I'll tell you everything myself", desperate for answers so she sat close to her aunt.

Carol took a deep breath and said to her" My dear , what you heard earlier is true , you're not his real daughter, what really happened was your real parents were climbing up snowy hill until an avalanche struck , unfortunately your father died after being hit by a bolder but your mother who was pregnant with you survived but was bleeding terribly , she somehow manages and we saw her trailing to our house , long story short she gave birth to you but due to blood loss she died, my brother was your father's best friend so he couldn't abandoned you so he took you in as he's and raised you , dear I hope you can understand" , Hearing all that Crystal was still stunned by this and plus she was heartbroken, with that she got up and spouted out "I can't believe both of you, and you never even tried to tell me" , Harris got up too with sadness in his eyes as he replied her "I'm so sorry Crystal , I never ment for you to find out this way , but in my heart your my real daughter and I love and care about you" , Crystal replied angrily "No I don't think you do , if you did you would have told me sooner, I just can't believe this my whole life is a lie " , after saying that she ran off outside , Harris wanted to follow her but Carol stopped him telling him to give her time cause all this was a sad and unexpected news , and which he listened...
Carol subbed her way back to Donald's tent where she ended up telling them everything , and both of them were shocked to hear something like that and even tried to console her but it was no use she was deeply saddened and in pain, but as her friends they didn't leave her side still trying for her to stop crying so much.

A whole day Crystal refused to speak to Harris and she decided to stay at Donald and his family's tent which they welcomed her warmly, Harris was hurt by this but he knew he still had to give her time going close to her now would make things worst so he let her be so when she's calm he'll talk to her.

Not long enough , the next day arrived and Harris knew Vincent and his strange men would come around soon , he was so distracted with Crystal situation he forgot to come up with an idea to sort things out , but it was getting kind of late to start thinking of ways...
Carol joined him hoping he had come up with something or anything but to her disappointment, nothing.
After an hour had gone by someone came running to Harris telling him they have arrived , immediately , he and Carol rushed outside ,to see Vincent , his small creature beside him and his men or Vampires rather, Vincent breath in softly and said"I'm back , now, let's begin with our deal, bring forth the person I can take with me as promised", everyone hearing the commotion came outside including Crystal , Harris was stressed and was also afraid but he manages and replies him "Listen , I haven't chosen anyone yet but please give me one more day to decide " Vincent excited mode dropped to a more serous look and he said to Harris "You can't expect me to wait again , you've tested my patience , guess I have no choice but to wipe out all of you " after he said that fear begin to spread among everyone , including Harris , Crystal hated seeing everyone like this in state of panic and fear , she also noticed that those men were ready to attack and if they do things would end bad and bloody , so without thinking she ran in front of Vincent and said to him loudly "Wait!!!, don't hurt anyone please , take me instead as your......... Sacrifice"
Hearing that everyone gasped in shock and couldn't believe what Crystal had just said especially Harris..........

Continued in the next Chapter ...

*********