Part Eight

Julie sighed deeply and as he glanced down, his heart squeezed in his chest.

He was lonely.

His time with Julie and Sidney made him see that.

He finally understood what it was his mother wanted for him.

As he watched Julie sleep he realized, that he wanted it too.

He wanted the lovely wife to come home to.

Turning away, he watched the snow fall, lost in his thoughts until the car stopped at Julie's.

He glanced at his watch and his mind flashed to the sight of Sidney's chubby little fingers curled around it.

He wanted it all.

"Julie." He whispered. "Jewels, we're home."

"Hm."

Her head rolled forward and her chin dropped to her chest.

She was out cold.

No doubt she would sleep until sometime late tomorrow morning and when she did wake up she would have a whopper of a headache.

Then he remembered Sidney.

She won't get the luxury of sleeping late.

Unless...

Stepping out of the car he looked back at her and wondered how on earth he was going to get her inside. Even if she weren't passed out cold, she was drunk and wouldn't be much help.

"Can I be of service sir?"

"Yes!" Rich answered. "If you can help me get her out of the car, I can carry her inside."

It was a comedy of errors as they pushed and pulled and tried to get her out.

The Three Stooges couldn't have written it this ridiculous.

All night, she looked elegant in her long evening gown that hugged her feminine curves. That slit almost to her hip offered sexy peek-a-boo glances at her black silk stockings.

But now that she was a dead weight wedged in to the back seat of a limo, it was hell trying to get her out. The two men cracked their heads on the car frame several times and Bailey fell on his ass when he backed out too quickly and caught his heel on the curb.

The biggest struggle was preserving her modesty. Every time they tried to move her legs, the slit split open and bared more than just a peek-a-boo. And when they finally figured that out, they tried to pull her out by her ankles until the dress started to ride up at an alarming rate.

When they finally managed to get her out, they both had headaches and plenty of bruises from cracking elbows and shins on the car frame. Bailey wrapped one of her arms around his neck and supported her weight with his arm around her waist.

Rich was so glad to be finished with the embarrassing scene, that he almost shut his fingers in the door, barely managing to pull his hand clear in time when Bailey shouted a warning.

"Thanks." Rich mumbled, shaking his head at his clumsiness.

While Bailey held Julie up, Rich worked an arm beneath her shoulders. He slipped his other hand behind her knees and lifted her into his arms.

Julie's head dropped back and her arm flopped out in a decidedly un-romantic fashion.

Rich smiled at the ridiculousness of his situation.

The movies always made this look so easy.

Bailey came to help, gently arranging the errant arm on her stomach.