Part Ten

When she awoke in the morning there was a large golden box with a big red bow setting on the chair.

Slipping out of bed, she grabbed the robe. The whisper of silk as it slid over her skin made her smile. The fuzz tickled her toes as she slipped her feet into the slippers. With the giddiness of a little girl opening the first Christmas present she lifted the lid.

Oh!

It was a beautiful soft pink cashmere sweater with a note in Vivian's elegant penmanship.

Julie.

I think you know how much I've come to adore you and Sidney over these many weeks. I can't tell you how happy you've made me and Joe, just having you around.

Please accept this with our love.

Viv and Joe.

PS: There's more in the closet.

Julie crossed to the closet and her hands flew to her cheeks.

Oh!

It wasn't a full wardrobe, only half a dozen or so outfits, but they were so lovely!

She selected a pair of soft gray slacks to wear with the pink sweater.

After a shower, she dressed in her new things and took the time to apply some of the makeup that was waiting on the bathroom counter in a pretty gift bag.

She ran the silver backed brush through her hair and considered her reflection.

Her hair was soft and shiny and fell in natural waves of reddish brown over her shoulders.

With a smile, she tucked a loose strand behind her ears and nodded at her reflection.

"Done and done." She said with a wink.

Still smiling, she went in search of the family. She wasn't surprised to find Sidney was not in his crib.

Vivian and Joe were probably spoiling him with hugs and kisses.

She found the family in the den. The Christmas tree was beautiful, the fire was crackling and there were stockings.

Hear heart melted like a marshmallow in hot chocolate when she saw there were stockings for her and Sidney.

Two for Sidney?

No.

Julie smiled.

One said Sidney and one said Sidney Jr.

"There you are dear." Joe said. "Sidney's with Viv in the kitchen. She's just cleaning him up and then it will be time to open presents. Are you hungry?"

"No thank you Joe. I'll just have some coffee later."

"Good. I want to give you my gift first."

"But I thought..." her hand pressed her stomach and felt the soft sweater she wore.

"No dear. That was from Viv. I have something else for you."

She let him lead her to the sofa and watched as he retrieved a gift from under the tree.

"It's heavy." She commented as she began to tear off the wrapping.

Inside was a silver frame, beautifully engraved with roses and leaves along the bottom.

The frame was stunning, but it was the picture that brought tears to her eyes.

Sidney was asleep on Rich's right shoulder. She was curled up on the sofa next to them, fast asleep on Rich's left shoulder. And Rich's head was tipped, resting on hers, as he also slept.