Chapter Twenty-Six: Beat Up and Worn Out.

Riley's POV:

I run from the hotel, my mind blank except for thoughts of Zayn and what I'm going to do to get him back with me. The black spots and the thing in the bathroom forgotten.

I run all the way to the deserted house in the middle of Rome, having asked for directions numerous times. I run past shops, through crowds of chanting singers, continuously looking behind me for trails. I run, thankful that the black spots have decided to stay away.

I run, murmuring encouragement to myself, blaming myself for him being kidnapped.

If only I were nicer.

I run, wishing Zayn and I could've been on happy terms with each other when he was kidnapped.

I slow to a walk when I get to the right street.

Maybe I should've waited for the boys to come with me.

Ugh, I'm so impatient.

I look behind me, seeing no-one. I glance to the ground, seeing chunks of wood and further down, a loose metal bar hanging off a window frame. I grab it and yank it off, nearly falling onto my bum in the process.

I stare at the building. Various windows are missing and the door paint is peeling off it, onto the floor. There are bars across every window still intact. It seems scary, haunted.

Maybe I should've planned ahead.

I'm here now, so no turning back for me.

I send Louis a quick text, getting him to call the police or whatever there is here in Rome.

Turns out I'm not going to like Rome more than Athens.

It's full of psychos.

When I send the text, I turn my phone to vibrate, so if on the off chance he sends me a text back, it doesn't make a noise.

I take a very deep breath, collecting courage.

Then I make my entry. I climb stealthily through the empty window frame, hoping not the make any noise. I tiptoe along the floor of the room, seeing nothing but darkness, the light coming in from the window being very dim.

I leave the room, seeing a hallway. I walk down the corridor, breathing silently and seeing nothing. My ears prick up when I hear soft voices. I head towards the room where I hear the voices, my heart beating so fast I can barely hear myself think.

My first thought is, I'm scared. I'm actually scared.

Because what if this doesn't go right? Then maybe they could kill me or my brother. What if the boys don't get here on time?

I'd be seriously screwed if this doesn't go well.

I stop, frozen. I can hear another voice.

''You arseholes had better not do anything to my family or I will kill you all!''

Zayn.

He's okay.

I breathe a sigh of relief, thankful I got here in time.

I feel a switch with my hand, as I crawl along the dark hallway feeling my way along towards the door where the voices are coming from and where I see light coming from underneath the door.

''That boy is getting on my nerves,'' someone growls. ''Riley is such a bitch. She was mean to my sister about becoming Harry Styles' girlfriend.'' he continues.