Chapter Twenty-Seven: Bad Luck.

Liam's POV:

''Are they going to be okay?'' Jackie asks me, her voice low so she doesn't wake anyone up.

I nod, ''Of course they are. They're strong.''

''Can you please go check? I feel so bad but I didn't do anything wrong.'' she looks up at me with tears in her eyes.

''Sure. I'll be back soon.'' I kiss her on her forehead, squeezing her hand encouragingly before going down the hospital hallway to Riley and Zayn's room.

I tap on the door, Harry opening it for me. He sits back down beside Riley's bed, looking upset. His face is the reflection of mine and also Louis', who's sitting beside Zayn.

The difference between Zayn and Riley right now is that Zayn will wake up any time soon and we don't know when Riley's going to wake up.

Riley has such bad luck it's unbelievable.

So does Zayn, to be honest.

Well, in truth, we all do, where Riley's concerned.

~*~

It's after lunch when we all creep into their room.

''I have a feeling of deja vu,'' Jen rolls her eyes at us.

We all mumble, agreeing.

Niall's holding Riley's hand this time and I'm sitting beside Zayn's bed, with my head on the mattress.

''Just wake up will you?'' Niall whispers, letting some pain seep into his sentence.

Zayn groans, his mouth and face twitching.

''Shit, I'm magic.'' Niall's mouth slowly grows into a small grin, as Riley suddenly pulls her eyes open, Zayn doing it at the exact same time she did.

''Riley!'' Holly cries, rushing to her side and hugging her.

''Zayn!'' Jen yells, rushing to his bed.

She might have temporary amnesia... The doctor's voice echoes in my head.

Riley blinks up at Holly, hugging her back.

I clench my jaw, waiting.

Come on, I urge her, mentally. Don't have amnesia, please don't have amnesia.

''Holly.''

''Yes!'' I yell, thumping my thigh happily. Then I pull Zayn towards me and hug him so tight he has to whack me on the back to make me let go.

If you would've entered our room just then, it would've been like there was a party going on.

~*~

It turns out, Riley does have amnesia.

But only a very minor part of it.

She doesn't remember who Leo is. Or Petrova and her brothers, who she told me she'd met at the beach. She barely remembers what happened with Zayn.

At least she remembers us.

''So, this Leo person... who is he?'' she asks me, as we sit around in her bedroom.