Chapter Twenty-Three: New Relationships.

Riley's POV:

''We're doing a little gig tonight, to say thank you for having us and stuff.'' Zayn tells Holly, as we lounge about our room.

It's been a week since we arrived in Athens and tomorrow morning, we'll be leaving for Rome. Pity. I like Athens. But I'll probably like Rome even more.

Holly nods and Zayn leaves without a glance in my direction.

Zayn and I aren't talking. It's like there's a barrier between us.

It was his fault.

''Lets go to the beach.'' Charity says, stretching out on the floor. ''It's too hot in here and I'm bored. We need to top up on our tans too, ya' know guys.''

''Yeah, that's true. But lets go after lunch, 'cause I don't wanna go then come back then go again.'' Holly looks at Charity, with a funny look on her face.

In this past week we've been shopping, we've been out partying – I hardly drank anything, due to the black spots in my vision I keep getting – we've found out that Leo is staying in the room opposite us with a friend – who Charity has her eye on – and we've been going around Athens and a few other cities in close proximity meeting One Direction fans.

Zayn got mad at me because I told one fan she wasn't going to date Harry because he's taken. He totally blew a gasket and of course, I wasn't going to stand there getting shouted at without yelling back. Louis and Niall had to grab hold of us before one of us slapped the other. And it definitely wasn't going to be Zayn.

We have lunch – bacon sandwiches. I didn't know they could get bacon here – and then we go to the beach, Louis, Harry and Liam coming with us. The rest of them are watching a film in the big room where everyone watches a film weekly. I think today it's Titanic.

We find a nice spot on the beach, not too far from the water. I lay my blue towel down next to Louis' and Charity puts hers next to mine. I take my RayBans sunglasses out and put them on, taking off my clothes, leaving myself in bikini.

Thankfully, I don't burn easily, so I don't need any sun cream.

As I'm laying there, I get hit in the face with a big beach ball. I sit up and yank off my sunglasses, glaring at the boys who hit me with it.

''We're sorry,'' the boys say, sounding like they're from Russia or something. ''Come play?'' they offer, looking cute.

I pause. I'm kinda getting bored just laying here, doing nothing. The girls are swimming in the sea and the boys are asleep. I stand up, nodding. ''Sure.''

They both smile at me and call to another girl. She comes over and greets me warmly. ''I'm Petrova. We're from Russia. These are my brothers Boris and Zlanic. We shall play volleyball, yes?''

''I'm Riley,'' I shake their hands and nod. ''Yeah, that's great.''

We get divided up into teams; I'm with Zlanic. His hair is so blonde it's nearly white.

At the end of our game, I find out that Petrova is sixteen and her brother's are twins; Zlanic is older by six minutes. They're both seventeen and they know a bit of English, enough to get by. They've come to Greece to get away from their abusive father, who looks after them, after their mother died when they were young.

''He started drinking and getting abusive when she died. Everyday he came home drunk.'' Petrova looks down at the sand.

''Aw I'm sorry to hear that,'' I say, then continue. ''But why are you telling me?''

Zlanic beams at me, his smile making his whole face light up. He's pretty cute. ''Because you seem very nice.''

I return his smile, going a tad red. ''Thanks Zlanic. You're a cool bunch.''