Yaaaden♥️✨

The faint glow from the cityscape outside cast a dim light in Abhishek and Jiya's apartment. Abhishek quietly stepped in, the worn-out note, a familiar sight. His heart sank a bit as he saw Jiya sleeping peacefully, the only time they seemed to meet these days. He carefully took off his shoes, not to disturb her, and tiptoed to the kitchen.

"Khana bana ke fridge me rkha hai oven me garam krlena..." He recited silently, his eyes lingering on the note. He didn't need to read it anymore; it was etched in his mind. The routine was too familiar. The disconnection felt heavier tonight. Yet, he reheated his meal, a silent echo of their once-shared moments.
———

Hours passed, and Abhishek found himself reclined on their couch, alone with memories swirling in his mind. Flashbacks of their youthful days, laughter, and dreams filled the space around him. He smiled at the memories, cherishing the times they were so inseparable

*(Flashback)*

The quaint little bakery had always been their refuge, a place where the aroma of freshly baked goodies intertwined with their laughter and occasional bickering. Abhishek and Jiya stood at the counter, their eyes fixated on the delightful array of desserts.

"I'm in the mood for some donuts today," Jiya exclaimed, her eyes gleaming with excitement as she pointed to the sugary delights nestled in the display.

Abhishek, however, had his heart set on something else. "But I want the choco lava cake," he countered, a mischievous glint dancing in his eyes.

Jiya pouted, crossing her arms in mock annoyance. "We always have the choco lava cake, can't we try something different today?"

But Abhishek was adamant. "Nope, I need my choco lava fix."

Their playful banter echoed through the bakery, drawing amused glances from other customers. jiya, not one to give up easily, nudged abhishek with a mischievous smile. "Aaj toh donut hi khayge, jab tum akele hoge, tab khana choco lava."

Abhishek chuckled, recognizing Jiya's playful warning. "Alright, but only because you'll help me finish it."

Their shared laughter blended with the sweet aroma of pastries, a testament to their youthful camaraderie, where even the simplest disagreements turned into cherished memories.

Abhishek recaptured their romeo-Juliet moments when she said "jab tum akele hoge"
———

"Remember when we used to sneak out for ice cream at midnight?" Abhishek murmured softly, the words floating in the air, reaching Jiya's sleeping form. No response, just the silence that seemed to have settled between them for far too long.
"Our first date, you spilled coffee all over me," he chuckled, the sound swallowed by the vast emptiness around them.

The night held the weight of unspoken words, of unfulfilled promises, of couples drifting apart in the midst of their routines.
———

The soft morning light filtered through the windows, gently illuminating the room where Abhishek lay on the couch, immersed in his books and studies until sleep had claimed him. Jiya, getting ready for her day at the office, paused by the sight of her husband asleep in an uncomfortable position, his glasses slightly askew, and a book precariously perched on his face.

A pang of sympathy washed over her, seeing him in such a position. She carefully removed his glasses, tucking them safely aside, and gently lifted the book, setting it on the table. Her heart ached at the sight of him sleeping without a blanket.

She reached for a cozy blanket and tenderly draped it over Abhishek, ensuring he was snug and warm. Spotting a neck massager nearby, she knew he would need it after sleeping in such an awkward posture.