Chapter 20: The Actions

Lyndon:

I was with Paige and Maz at the library cafe.

It had been a week since the plan had been put into action.

Andre was due to be here in 8 minutes.

I look around the cafe and see the three freshmen from last time and a boy glaring at them from the corner of the room.

I roll my eyes, remembering the drama of freshman year.

They would get over it soon enough.

I stare into the coffee, sugar making swirls and spirals in the dark liquid.

I hear the bell of the shop ring.

I look up but it's just a brown haired kid, probably a friend of the freshman's.

Paige is talking to Maz about their upcoming Calculus test.

"But the thing is we haven't even gone over that unit! It's ridiculous that we have to know something we haven't even learned!"

Paige always has been very passionate about school.

Since her parents were going through financial problems, Paige was trying to get an academic scholarship to get into a good college and not have to pay as much for it.

Paige has her book and notes splayed out around her on the table.

She studies them intently as she talks to Maz.

"So," Maz asks,"Have you talked to Andre lately, Paige?"

Rage burns inside me at the mention of that jerk's name.

Maz had no idea what had happened at the hotel, Paige had insisted that I not tell her.

So I didn't.

Paige just shrugged and said,"I don't see why I would need to. It's not like we were super serious or anything. And besides he's the one who cheated on me at Homecoming, remember?"

"Good point," Maz says,"I just asked because I hear a rumor from Mace that Andre said he was going to have you back by Monday."

That was tomorrow.

It seemed that Andre was confident that Paige wouldn't retaliate against him and his father.

I honestly didn't know if she would either.

Though Paige stood up for what she believed in she was just too nice sometimes. For example, when we were in fifth grade, a dude knocked Paige's launch tray out of her hands. He laughed as she calmly picked up the spilled food and wiped up her water.

I had punched him in the face but the moment I went for another hit Paige stepped in between us, telling me that I had gone too far and that he wasn't worth it.

She had probably saved that jerk's pathetic life.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of the bell ringing at the door of the cafe.

Andre was here.

*Paige's POV*

Andre walks into the cafe as if he owns the place, which I guess if he really wanted to he could.

He orders a latte and sits between Lyndon and I.

Lyndon glares at him, anger obvious in his expression.

Andre ignores him and focuses his gaze on me.

I say nothing and continue to study my notes.

"Paige, giving me the silent treatment won't help your cause." Andre says in an irritated tone,"Just be a good girl and be happy that I chose you to be my girlfriend."

Something's close to me shatters, I look over at Lyndon to see him, fists clenched, broken coffee cup in front of him.

His eyes are closed tightly, I remember that his anger management instructor had told them to close their eyes and count to ten if they were about to lose control over their emotions.

If Andre kept talking he was going to be a dead man.

I knew Lyndon was trying to control himself but he had always found it hard to stay in control of his anger.

That why he fought with people so much.

Andre let out an amused laugh and smirked at Lyndon.

"What are you going to do about it Lyndon?" He sneers.

Lyndon's eyes open.

He looks at Andre with a blank expression on his face as he calmly picks up Maz's coffee cup.

And he dumps the entire thing on Andre's head.

Andre yells in pain, clutching his head as the steaming coffee runs down his face.

Everyone in the cafe looks up at us.

Maz has her hand over her mouth, I can't tell if she's shocked or laughing.

But then Andre's eyes turn into slits as she looks hatefully at Lyndon.

"You're going to regret that." He says.

And then he launched his own latte at Lyndon.

Lyndon ducks and it flies over him.

It hits the cashier in the face.

She screams and throws a cup of coffee at Andre.

Soon the whole cafe is in chaos.

It's basically a war zone, with people using tables as shields and throwing coffee and scones at each other.

Maz and I hide behind a table as Lyndon and Andre have a showdown in the middle of the cafe, in the midst of flying coffee and assorted pastries.

Both of them are throwing things a each other. Lyndon then picks up the broken off leg of a chair and faces Andre like a knight in a tournament.

Andre picks up another chair leg and charges Lyndon.

They clash in the center of the room. The impact throws them both back, Andre crashes into the counter and Lyndon hits a table, startling a woman and her child who make a run for the door.

Lyndon stands back up but Andre stays down, clutching his head gingerly, grimacing in pain.

"Come on," Andre says,"I know you want to finish it."

Lyndon's face contains no expression as he says,"Yeah I do."

He calmly walks over to Andre and says,"And I will."

He raises the chair leg, and then he hesitates.

Andre smirks and says,"I knew you couldn't do it. Maybe if you could actually finish what you start you would have managed to win over Paige."

Lyndon's eyes blaze with anger as he brings the chair leg down.

A crack echoes in the room as a body hits the floor.

**********************************

Another cliffhanger,

Sorry not sorry. :)

Anyway I hope you like the chapter.

For the next chapter whose POV should I do? Maz or Andre?

Have a lovely day! 😊