Chapter 2: The Party

Paige:

I had been sitting on the porch for 15 minutes waiting for Maz to pick me up.

Maz wouldn't show up on time if the world depended in it.

Maz had said to "look nice" so I wore a dark blue V-neck tshirt, some jean shorts, and my least worn pair of converse. I had brushed my light brown hair and put it in a high ponytail.

I knew Maz would be wearing something very different but I didn't care.

Then I hear the crunch if tires on gravel. I look up to see Maz's car pulling into my driveway.

I walk over to her car, a light blue Fiesta, and get in.

"Hey Pay, looking good." she says grinning at me.

I grin back,"You're not so bad yourself, Maz."

Maz was wearing a dark red crop top with a skirt that was short but not too short. She was wearing black flats and had her hair down and straightened.

"What about me?", a voice asks from the back seat.

I jump then say,"How long have you been there, Lyndon?"

He grins,"The entire time."

Lyndon is wearing a dark grey Polo with tan cargo shorts(well you know those knee length shorts guys wear). He was also wearing grey Vans and his hair, we'll it looked like it always did, a bit messy but okay.

Maz smiles widely and says,"So, you guys excited for this party?"

I nod while Lyndon says in a valley girl voice," Yah guuuuurl, I am TOTES ready!"

Maz glares at him ,"Don't be a like that, be honest."

He sighs,"Well, I had a dream that one day I would-"

Maz cuts him off, "If I wanted to listen to history I would listen to Mrs. Stanton." she looks at me,"What do you think, Pay? Excited?,"

I shrug," I'm kind of excited yet I'm nervous that some thing's going to go wrong."

Maz scoffs,"Yeah right, what are you going to do? Be so hot all the guys faint?"

I laugh,"Yeah as if. I couldn't get a date if I tried."

Maz doesn't look convinced and says," Except for that dark haired hottie that sat behind you 6th."

I feel myself blush," That's likely. Like he would date someone like me."

"Like what?" Lyndon says,"Funny, smart, fun? You're basically the perfect girl."

I feel myself going bright red at the compliment.

Maz mumbles,"Why don't you just date her already."

We both stare at her, eyes wide with horror.

"What?" She asks acting confused.

"No" I say as Lyndon says,"Not happening."

Maz rolls her eyes,"We'll see about that."

I try to ignore her but I honestly can't.

I've know Lyndon for about as long as I've know Maz. They know me better than I know myself sometimes. Lyndon has always been my friend and honestly I had never thought of him being anything more than that. But I was starting to consider it.

"We're here!" Maz says excitedly, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I gape in wonder at the Washington's house.

It's a huge, white Victorian style house with a wrap around balcony on the 3rd floor, there were 4 floors, five if you count the basement. Most people call it the White House because of its color and it's owned by the Washingtons.

I see the Washington's daughter Kennedy Washington making out with some guy on the balcony.

Maz yells,"Hey Ken! Sup Derrick!"

They both look down and wave at the red head before continuing what they had started.

I make a sound like I'm puking and Lyndon chuckles.

Maz walks up to the front door which is made of expensive oak wood and ask," Ready for this young grasshoppers?"

We nod and walk into the party.

I gasp at the inside of the house.

The foyer is huge. It has two staircases that arch up to the second floor. People are everywhere, talking, drinking stuff that my parents don't even drink, and doing other things.

Ed Sheeran's "Don't" played out of the multiple speakers. Maz started to move to the beat. She dances around and goes over to the dance floor which is a large square of hardwood floor with a DJ booth at the front. Music seems to come from everywhere. This was one of the things I liked about parties. Good music.

Lyndon yells over the music,"You want to sit down?"

I nod and we walk over to one of the plush sofas and sir down.

I see Maz dancing with a blonde guy who I think is James Washington, they seem to be having a "good time" as Maz would say.

I gag as Lyndon laughs and says,"Well we know what Maz is doing tonight."

My eyes widen at his implication and he laughs harder.

Then I hear a deep voice behind me say,"Hey, you're Paige right?"

I go rigid and turn around.

It's the dark haired guy from sixth.

"Yeah that's me." I smile,"May I ask what your name is?"

He gives me a smile that would make most girls faint and says,"My name is Andre. Andre Blu."

I was about to say something when Lyndon says,"Hey buddie my name's Lyndon. Lyndon Stone. I'm Paige's best friend." He holds out his hand for Andre to shake.

Andre chuckles but shakes his hand anyway.

There's a tension that I can't explain between the two of them.

Andre clears his throat, I notice his clothes. He looks like a biker, leather jacket and all.

Where is he from because I will live there.

Then he looks at me and Lyndon and says,"Well I saw the two of you looking kind of bored so I thought I would invite you to a little thing my friends are doing."

"Which is?" Lyndon and I say in unison.

His smile widens,"Would the two of you like to play a game?"

************************************

So what do you guys think of Andre? Also who do you guys ship? Paige and Andre or Paige and Lyndon? And who do you ship Maz with?

I know it took me forever to update but I'll be trying to update again soon.

I will also try to update Unpossible and The Difference Between today if I get the chance.

Anyway hope you guys liked the chapter and have a fantabulous day! 😸