Chapter 14: The Underground

Pic above is what the Underground looks like, it's a club/hangout place. And yes, it's underground. 😄

Just want to give you a heads up there will be a change in POV in this chapter.

Paige:

We walk through the double doors into the lights and atmosphere of The Underground.

The place is packed with people, everything is bathed in light, tables and chairs are set up around the dance floor.

I for one had never been here but it looked as though Lyndon and Maz had.

"See that guy right there?" Maz says pointing to a handsome man in his early twenties,"Acts like he's rich but really he lives with his parents. And that one," she points to a guy maybe a few years younger than the other,"Best kisser that exists. And-"

"Okay," Lyndon interrupts,"Enough information on all the guys you've dated Maz, we get the picture."

Maz glares at him ,"I'm just teaching my young grasshopper about the different club personalities."

"More like trying to hook her up with one of them." Lyndon mumbles.

Maz grins evilly,"What is that I detect? Is someone jealous?"

Lyndon's eyes grow wide.

"I-I don't know w-what you're t-talking about. Jealous?" He lets out a nervous laugh and runs a hand through his hair.

Maz and I share a look that screams FAKE, but we don't say anything.

We walk go deeper into the club until we reach an empty table in the corner farthest from the door.

We talk for a while about how much of a jerk Andre is and in the middle of a conversation about revenge on him someone sits 3 glasses of clear liquid on the table.

"What is this?" I yell at the person who gave it to us but they are already away.

Maz and Lyndon take a drink of theirs.

They grin at each other and Maz says,"Oh, it's just water, Paige."

I let out a sigh of relief and say,"Thank God, I'm so thirsty."

With that I gulp down a large portion of the glass.

Then I almost choke on the taste.

I gag and yell,"What the hell is this?"

Maz and Lyndon laugh so hard they start to cry and Lyndon says,"It's vodka Pagy. Maz had it ordered so we could prank you!"

I glare at them and am about to say something but suddenly I'm light headed.

The world swirls around in a kaleidoscope of colours.

Everything seems to move in slow motion.

"Paige?"

I focus and say,"What?" In a aggravated tone.

"Are you okay?" Lyndon asks,"You seem-"

"Drunk?" I say in a shrill voice,"I wonder why Alexander?"

Lyndon looks really confused and Maz continues to laugh.

"She's drunk Lyndon. She's never drank alcohol. She's full out drunk!" Maz cackles like a mad woman and goes off to dance.

Leaving Lyndon and I alone.

*Lyndon's POV*

Maz had left me to control drunk Paige.

Okay, this had been a pretty big night for me. The girl I had liked for years actually liked me back. It was an amazing feeling.

And now after all that magical, emotional stuff she was drunk.

Yay.

I sit at the table as Paige skips around saying,"Look at the Popsicles Lyndon! Aren't they lovely this time of year? Do you have a popsicle or do you want me to catch one with me net of magicness?"

I lay my head on the table. I know that the first time you're drunk you act weird but Paige was acting almost as strange as Maz which was alarming.

Then suddenly Paige stops skipping. She kneels beside me and puts her chin on the table looking at me.

"Head up Lynn." She commands.

I lift my head up and look at her and ask,"What?"

Her eyes have a strange look and she says,"You know why."

I'm about to ask what it is then she promptly sits in my lap and says,"You know what I want Lyndon."

I try to get up but she won't let me up.

"What do you want Pagy?"

She leans in close and whispers,"You know Lyndon."

I gulp, getting the implication.

Then I say,"Paige, you're drunk, you don't-"

Then she grabs my shirt and pulls me closer, "And I know what you want too." She whispers.

Then she suddenly let go and flops onto on of the couches beside the table.

I walk over and poke her stomach and she laughs.

I grin manically and tickle her and she twists around and falls off the couch.

I'm about to ask her if she's okay but then she sweeps my feet out from under me.

I land on my back completely winded.

I'm about to get up but Paige gets up and steps on me accidentally.

Then she goes to find Maz.

I sit in my seat and swallow the rest of my vodka in one gulp.

This was going to be a long night.

******************************

So, what about drunk Paige?

Oh and don't worry, Andre will come back later. :3

Have a lovely day! 😊