Chapter 21: The Aftermath

Andre:

"You useless, weak boy!"

My father's words cut through me like a knife. I blink rapidly, not wanting to cry because that would only make him worse.

He gets in my face and yells ,"You're just as weak as your mother was. That's why she died. She wasn't strong enough to beat the disease that killed her!"

I don't respond.

He grabs the collar of my shirt and throws me aside.

I hear the door slam as he leaves, probably for a business meeting or something.

I wipe blood from my mouth and stand up.

My sister Annalise walks into the room.

She takes one look at me and said,"Father again?"

I nod and get a fresh shirt and some pants out of my closet.

I turn around to see a pair of violet eyes in my face.

"How long are you going to let him do this to you?" She asks, eyes filled with worry.

I glare at her,"You're one to talk."

Annalise was the pride of the family. Smart, beautiful, great social skills, and many friends. Everyone loved her.

I had always lived in her shadow. Sure I was intelligent and had decent looks,

But Annalise was perfect in nearly every way.

And there was also the fact that almost everyone that I met hated me.

I was a disgrace to the Blu name.

And my father hated me for it.

Annalise purses her lips and narrows her eyes at me,"Andre, I'm not the reason Father does this. It's not your fault either. It's just his sick way of getting rid of stress."

I narrow mine right back,"So Sister, why don't you ever do anything? You're always telling me to take action. What are you doing?"

Annalise, at the end of her patience, storms out of the room and slams the door.

I sigh and mutter to myself,"I expected as much." I let myself fall back onto the bed and look up at the skylight.

Today sucks.

Then suddenly a message appears on my phone.

It's from one of my friends who works at a coffee shop in town.

Yo man, your girl is at the shop.

I sigh.

Honestly I don't want to continue things with Paige.

At this rate she'll hate me as much as her friend Lyndon does and I really don't want that.

But if I don't do this I'll lose my inheritance.

And we can't have that.

***

I walk into the door to the cafe.

Instantly I spot Paige, Lyndon, and Maz at their usual table.

Lyndon looks up and his expression goes from worried to rage.

Paige looks at me with uncertainty in her eyes.

I order a latte and sit between Lyndon and Paige.

I can feel Lyndon's glare but I don't care.

Right now all I need to do is talk to Paige and not get involved with anyone else especially him.

That shouldn't be too hard.

***

A crack echoes around the room as a thud sounds on the floor.

I open my eyes and see Lyndon on his back, his chair leg broken in half.

Standing above us is a man in his mid to late twenties, with wavy, dark brown hair and brown eyes. He's tall and reminds me of someone that I've seen recently.

He glares at Lyndon and says,"I thought I told you not to kill people. It's very rude and quite uncivil."

Surprisingly, Lyndon grins at him and says,"You would know all about being civil, wouldn't you, Jasen?"

Jasen?

Who is this guy?

Then a gasp sounds from the corner of the room.

Paige looks at the guy in surprise and runs over to him.

She hugs him and he hugs her back.

Lyndon doesn't look the slightest bit angry or annoyed by this.

Paige then looks up at the guy, smiling widely, and says,"Welcome home, Brother."

He grins and says,"Glad to be back Sis."

******************************

Woooop, here's Jasen!

So what do you guys think of Annalise and Jasen? What role do you think they'll play in the story?

Sorry for the long wait, it's been a very busy summer and I have to finish my summer homework(which I haven't even started). 😂

Picture at the beginning is Annalise and Jasen.

Have a lovely day! 😊