Chapter 4: The Class

Paige:

Chemistry is my worst subject.

I honestly don't understand any of it.

All I hear is,"Blah, blah, blah, mix, blah blah blah, should fizz, blah, blah, blah, turn in."

Lets just say I'm lucky my partner likes this subject.

"So," Lyndon says, wearing his goggles like sunglasses on top of his head," We have to mix the green stuff with the blue stuff. It should fizz if we put the right amount in it."

"What if we don't put the right amount in it?" I ask.

He swallows and clears his throat,"Then it will spontaneously combust."

"Oh..." I say.

"Maybe you should do this." I say.

At the same time he says,"Maybe I should do this."

We both laugh, I say,"Hey you do the experiment and I'll fill out the paper. Deal?" I hold out my hand for him to shake.

He takes it,grinning, and shakes harder than nessissary,"Deal."

***

" Is it supposed to do that?" I ask.

We had finished our paper long ago and had been waiting for the bell to ring.

But now it was bubbling vigorously.

Lyndon looks panicked,"No..."

The bell rings and we both rush out of the room. A loud bang sounds behind us.

People run out of the room screaming for no reason because everyone looks fine except for one girl whose clothes are stained a teal color.

Lyndon and I burst out laughing, high fiving each other.

Maz appears at my side.

"By the amount of laughter radiating off of you two and the scarred classmates coming out of the science room, I can assume that was you two that caused that explosion?" She questions with a smirk on her face.

We both nod smiling like idiots.

Maz sighs,"And these are my friends."

She links arms with us, dragging us to our next class, English 4.

"Come on now my lovelies,"Maz says in a sing song voice,"I'm sure Mrs. Woodley will have a nice essay for us to write."

Lyndon and I both skip along with her through the halls. Looking like idiots but we could care less.

Might as well make the most of the good times we have in high school, cause most of it is teachers yelling at us because we're too happy or we are too optimistic.

We finally get to Mrs. Woodley's room and take our seats as the bell rings.

"Hello students, today you will be writing an essay on the history of writing..."

***

After school, we all agreed to meet up at the cafe downtown.

It's also part library cause our town can't afford a cafe and a library so they combined the two.

Anyway, I was standing in line for my hot chocolate, whole also on the look out for my friends.

They cashier hands my hot chocolate and I pay her the dollar it cost.

I turn around and almost run into some freshman kid with dark hair and electric blue eyes.

He mutters an apology before heading over to a table where a girl with brown hair and green eyes is reading something and a girl with dark curly hair and blue eyes is talking about something urgently.

They are strange for freshmen but I ignore that.

I'm sure I was strange at their age too.

Well actually I'm still strange.

I'm so deep in thought I don't notice Lyndon until he says," Pay? You okay?"

I snap out of my daze and say,"Yeah I'm good but where's-"

"Hi guys!" Maz says, smiling broadly. In her hand is an espresso.

I had thought the people who worked here had learned not to give Maz espressos but it appeared they hadn't.

Oh well.

"So, status quo, what's up?" Maz asks, looking excited.

"Well, Michael and Stacy got together. William and Brite broke up. Brittain broke Steven's arm for staring at Mina. And you told me that Andre is going to ask someone out to the Homecoming dance." Lyndon says,like he's reciting lines for a play.

Maz's eyes widen at the last one,"I told you not to mention that last one you imbecile." she hisses at him.

Lyndon grins,"Well I guess I wasn't listening."

"Asking who?" I ask, curious.

They both remain silent.

I raise an eyebrow, and finally Maz cracks.

She sighs saying one word.

"You."

***************************

*laughs menacingly*

Anyway, so what did you guys think of Maz's confession? Do any Pandre shippers exist at the moment?

Well I guess you'll have to wait until the next chapter to see what happens. I'll try to update tomorrow.

Have a lovely day. 😊