Chapter 11

- Berkley -

He pisses me off, now I owe you double? come off it.

I sit down on my bed as he walks into my room "All done?" I ask.

"There's almost ten people coming, you think 4 blankets and 8 pillows will be enough, are you dumb?"

"8 pillows sounds like enough to me" trying to defend an otherwise stupid thought.

"and the blankets?"

"we will get more"

"and from where?" 

"how about your room?" I ask sweetly.

"That still only six"

"six is better than four and I have one extra fluffy one and so does Daphne, so problem solved"

"Great job Berkley," he says with unnecessary sarcasm.

-Matteo-

I walk out of the room prompting her to follow me, but I hear no movement from inside. 

"blankets from mine?" I say coming back around the door.

"Okay go on then," she says not even a thought going through her head.

"There are two blankets Berkley"

"And you have two hands, you're more than capable"

"shut up and come with me"

"oo someone's feisty," she says hopping up from her bed. All of a sudden she went from not coming to powering ahead. Her legs were abnormally fast and she didn't slow down for a second.

"we're getting blankets, there's no time limit," I say trailing behind.

"why dawdle, pick up the pace," she says basically running off from me now. I lose her as she heads up the stairs, she must have already gone into my room.

- Berkley -

I ran up the stairs and hid in the nook just before his room, his footsteps got closer, and closer, and "BOO!" I jumped out to an unphased Matteo, not even a slight reaction. 

"good try Berkley" he laughs walking past me

 He picks up the closest blanket and nods to the other one. I walk to it and as I near closer I spot an opened diary with pages scribbled over, there is barely any white left on the pages. I attempted to be a little nosy but I was soon caught by Matteo.

"oy, hurry up" he shouted out.

"yeah, I'm coming," I say hauling the blanket off the bed and walking behind Matteo.

He walks down the corridor back to mine very silently, turning his head every now and then to check I was still following. once we reached the door Daphne was waiting for us. She was standing in the door frame. 

"take a look," she says looking very proud of herself.

I can't even fathom how she did this, there was plates of rocky road and buckets of popcorn and she had fairy lights set up around the top of the room and somehow had a movie displayed on my wall. 

"DAPHNE!" I yell jumping into her arms, "Can I keep it?" I say clambering down from her. 

"Matteo?" Daphne asks looking at his emotionless face. 

"yeah you did a great job," he says sincerely.

"thank you, everyone should be here in about 10-20 minutes so best spread the blankets out and make it look mo-" She almost came to the end of her sentence but was interrupted by the loud entrance of Kai and Draco.