Chapter 2

As we all stand up and brush ourselves off they both jump back slightly "hmm something different?" Ron says analyzing me intensely.

"oh really Ron, maybe the hair," I say with an 'are you stupid?' look. It was the most obvious change in the world. I grew my hair out a lot during the break it used to be just past my shoulders and knotty but now, well id like to say it's pretty.

"oh yeah thank god you got rid of that horrendous beast from last year," Ron says rubbing the top of my head. 

"race you back" I exclaim as I push his hand off my head and set off sprinting. 

"Wooo" I shout as I finish with my arms waving around in the air. 

"that doesn't count, you cheated," Harry said collapsing on the couch. Ron follows in almost 20 seconds later with an obvious lack of energy. I smile at them both and then I start to look for my mum.

As the room goes silent I can hear her nagging voice just around the corner, I walk towards it like it was luring me in. 

"hi Berkley," Molly says grabbing me and immersing me in a tight hug, as I pull away I form a huge smile before turning to Mum's disappointed face.

"ooo that's not a good look," I snicker biting into the bright red apple that was in the middle of the table. she raises her left eyebrow and just stares at me, deep into my soul, and at that moment I knew I was doomed I take the apple out of my mouth slowly not wanting to irritate her, and hold it in my shaking hand.

Molly looks at me and mouths 'im sorry it slipped out. I smile at her to try and relieve her stress but as soon as I look at my mum I stop worrying about molly. "would you care to share what you were going to do for the 2 DAYS before school" she scolds frustration bulging out her huge forehead vein.

"i- I thought that it would be fun to spend time with my friends before school" I smile as my confidence starts to disappear

"Hmm, now I am going to be very nice and let you stay but only because Molly wants you to, if you ever lie to me again you will be spending Christmas break locked in your room "

"yes mam, I won't lie again" I answer under compulsion.

"love you" I smile as I approach her with my arms wide.

"Love you too, but I best be off so be nice to molly and don't be loud," she says as I walk her to the door

"bye Mrs. Emmerson" the boys shout in unison.

I close the door and lock it "we are rid of her" I shout with enthusiasm. the boys laugh and I jump onto the couch next to harry.

"what yall have planned?" I question.

"nothin' much," Ron says with a smirk.

the days went by so fast it was hard to keep track of everything. Both mornings we woke up at 8 ran outside and played a tad aggressive game of quidditch that always ended in the boys beating me and ginny.

Then we would rush back inside for Molly's huge breakfast, scoffing our faces until full. As I looked around the table and see pure love and lack of judgment I felt at home I felt like I could do anything utterly stupid and they would love me for it. 

But now the fun was over and school was tomorrow, Molly said we had to go to bed early and I knew she was right but I really wanted to enjoy one last night.

the night rears its ugly head and 11 pm goes by now both boys lay unconscious on their saliva-covered pillows. Their snores are light but become distant noise as I head to the open window. As I reach a hand out to close it I feel the cold breeze caress my hand.