Chapter 7

-Berkley-

As Matteo rushes to get me back to land I jump out of his arms just as my body emerges out of the water. "HA," I shout laughing at his distressed face. "oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you" I taunt as I pull myself out of the water.

His eyes narrow but ultimately he turns away without shooting any comment back at me. "awh you definitely did scare him" Axel laughs quietly.

"Didn't scare me at all" Matteo's voice calls out. "yeah I believe you bud", Axel says as he swims towards Matteo.

As they both swim away I go looking for Hermione. It took me a couple of seconds to spot her she was floating on an inflatable ring on the other side of the lake with Harry, Ron, and the twins messing around with a ball about a yard away.

I swim over gliding under the water trying to stay undetected. I near the inflatable ring and then boom I pop up out of the water and tip Hermione. She lands in the water letting a loud screech out as the cool water engulfs her. 

"BERKLEY!" She shouts with annoyance as she pops her head out of the water 

"aha, she looks like a dead rat" Ron whispers to harry. 

"ugh," Hermione says as she bats Ron's left ear "ow, Hermione bloody hell" he screeches grabbing his ear. 

"Now I'm absolutely freezing,"  Hermione says trying to squeeze all the water out of her wavy locks. she wipes the drops of water off her face while shooting me a dirty look.

"come on I can cheer you up, I have a place you can dry off," I say leading them all out of the water.

In a single line, me then Hermione, Ron, and Harry rush through the water and through a couple of trees leaving the twins behind to play by themselves. Our feet pressed on the damp dirty floor imprinting the dirt into the crease between my toes. I cringe at the feeling and run to grab my sandals.

slipping them on I see the little white top that I left at the entrance just in case I couldn't find it. Everyone follows me with haste, I pull the big branch to the side to reveal an adorable little area.

There was one beanbag placed under a low-hanging branch then the floor was covered by multiple picnic blankets and pillows with two other small stools placed on the outskirt of the area.

The table that sat in the middle held a little platter with small cakes and sandwiches and two bottles of vodka on the floor next to it. 

"You know we don't drink," Hermione says looking at the bottles. "I will," Ron says scooping a bottle up in his arms. Hermione and Harry sat on one of the picnic blankets picking at the sandwiches laid out and Ron lept back onto the bean bag taking small sips out of the bottle.

While they were chatting I heard a distant call, it was my name being called out nonstop. "omg, who is making such a din" I say as peak out from behind the trees. "oh for fuck sake" I say as I walk out, I walk towards Axel who has his hands cupped around his mouth calling out my name.

'"found her" he yells. 

"Who are you talking to?" I inquire. 

"Mr. Riddle of course"

"oo yay," I say with sarcasm. 

Matteo walks over "where have you been, Axel has been calling your name for like 2 minutes" 

"why does it matter to you," I say back 

"shut up," he says dryly.

"Okay well do you two want to join me and the others, there's a spot back there with some alcohol" I suggest.