Chapter 8

-Berkley- 

I was dead asleep by 1:30 so I got around six hours of sleep before I woke up to the sound of a buzzing alarm. It shook my head and my head banged at the thought of getting up. I pulled off my cover and planted my feet into my slipper which I had strategically placed before I left for the party. my head was spinning as the light shined onto my skin. I push myself off my bed and stand with wobbly knees, once again smart me had set out my school uniform so I wouldn't have to worry about it now. I slip my uniform over my banging head whilst wishing I had packed aspirin.

I have a long first day ahead of me and all I need is a good breakfast and a nice cup of coffee. I walked down the hallway with my bookbag and tried to keep a brave face on. Thankfully I made it to the cafeteria before I passed out. I disregarded my friends and went straight for the coffee, making myself a Latte and grabbing a croissant, butter, and some fruits to eat.

I sat down at the Slytherin table, next to Axel while Matteo sat in front of me, he slid a whole pack of aspirin towards me and said "keep them, I'm the one that's prepared" I wanted to reject them but I know that would do me no good so I grabbed and nodded.

"what does everyone have first?" Axel asked excitedly. I am taking six classes this year because I'm an idiot and love the stress of it all. 

"I got herbology, DADA, History of magic, and Charms today" I mumble with my head down

"ayyyeee I got herbology too" Axel cheers

"what the fuck I got all of that except I have astronomy instead of charms," Matteo says surprised

"oo yay," I say with sarcasm

We all chat for a little while longer until we make it to our first classes, honestly, I was so happy to have a class with Axel but I just know Matteo is going to give me a hard time. 

I walk into herbology to find a bunch of people I already knew one of them, Neville Longbottom the sweetest most awkward boy i have ever met. Then a seat back Hermione sat by herself I rush over in excitement and basically jump into the seat next to her. 

-Matteo-

Berkley strides away from Axel and me all fatigue leaving her body as she sets eyes on Hermione. She sits with a bright white smile plastered on her face her hands sitting on the table and her hair swaying in and out of her face as she made over-expressive hand gestures. Honestly, I loved watching her talk it looked so effortless and soothing, to just be that happy without any worry.

This class was more of an introduction getting everyone settled and just revising last year's school work, while going through it I felt very confident without sounding cocky I knew much more than I might have needed. Fuck it I am cocky, cause I'm more than a bit above most of the people in this room, and I felt the same when I walked into the next class.

Defense against the dark arts, another class with Berkley. By the time I arrived she was sitting, her books pulled out, and her hair in a loose ponytail as she wrote down the date. I sit in the seat next to her and her eyes don't look up or look over she just continues. Once she was finished she still didn't look over just looked up at professor snape.

I tapped my pen against her leg "Matteo I'm learning" she says not looking at me. 

"We have a Pop quiz, so everyone put your books away" Severus voices.

ruffles and protests circle around the room, everyone disappointed that this is how the first day is starting, but no one dares to speak up they just abide and put their books in their bags.

Berkley seems confident as the test is handed in front of her but as she opens the first page her face becomes flushed, almost as if she is embarrassed about herself. She answers the first question, which was wrong, then the second which she also got wrong, and then skipped the third so by default, wrong.