Chapter 4

- Matteo -

"so glad you offered," I say spreading my legs for more room.

she sends me a dirty look but I ignore it and look up to the group of little kids running through the hall with huge smiles and sweaty palms. As my eyes dart around the room I notice the different houses and their members.

I search for girls that were worthy, (what else you expected?) but there was not one I fancied. I blink rapidly convinced I was just not feeling it right now and look back to the front. 

As more people got sorted I start feeling eyes travel toward me, I scare off a few with eye contact before I realise that these boys weren't trying to scare me but instead were looking at Berkley. 

I reach my hand out and tuck her hair behind her ear so I could whisper in it "I think you've got some admirers" I cup her face and turn her head to the boys adoring her.

"And it seems your one of them" she spits back at me

"yeah maybe," I stated as I drop my hand to her lower thigh, there I ran the tips of my fingers from her knee up and under her skirt where she stops my hand at the last possible moment "never going to happen" she mumbled.

"ouch," I say shaking my hand like it was burnt. 

"MATTEO RIDDLE" a voice booms from out the front.

"Yay, my turn" I exclaim getting up from my seat.

I stride up to the front and stand facing the hundreds of judgy eyes, I go to sit down but Snape grabs the back of my shirt forcing me to stay standing.

"Evening everyone, this is our new addition to the sixth year please give him a warm welcome" he demanded as he started a scattered clap. 

"okay let the sorting commence," Dumbledore says stepping back for McGonagall to put the raggedy hat on my head. it sat sludged over the side of my face, heavier than I thought. 

it doesn't speak just sits on my head, waiting for an answer I tap my foot with anxiety, "oy give me a fucking house" I whisper through the gap in my mouth.

"SLYTHERIN" is announced with a kind of guess. its voice sounded stumped almost regretful that it spoke. It is taken from my head immediately and I am told to go and sit back down but now as I head over to Berkley she isn't there.

I sit next to axel with confusion spread across my face "she's with the Gryffindors" Axel remarked without even glancing at me. 

- Berkley -

I sneak across the back of the room avoiding any nosy eyes, "hiya" I say thudding down on the seat next to Hermione. "look what I have for you" I expressed excitedly. I pull my hand from behind my back to reveal the book she has been searching for. "Anna Karenina, a beautiful piece of muggle literature"

"No you didn't, I'm in love with you" she yelled. Heads turn from the bottom of the table and she soon becomes flustered, she dips her head trying to hide her red face.

But thankfully her embarrassment is saved by the bellowing voice announcing the start of the feast. Cheers echo and the room becomes bustling with chatter and laughter.

"did you organize the party?" Ron shouts, leaning over the table for better projection. "mhm" I nod as I swallow some water. "who? what? where? when?" Hermione asks enticed.

"who; 6th and 7th year. What; lake party. Where; the lake I told you guys about. When; tomorrow night." 

"Okay but why has no one else seen this bioluminescent lake you and axel stumbled upon," harry asks suspiciously.