Chapter Thirteen

Sloane had been all packed and brought back to what was deemed as the Valentine house. "Were you high?" Sloane bluntly asked looking at all the patterned cushions and wall decorations.

"Yes," Cosmina replied just as bluntly.

"Isn't it great?" Klaus asked with a big smile.

Sloane just blinked as Lila approached her, "They do weed. It helps with relaxing after their abilities," she informed her new sister. Sloane nods mouthing a silent 'Oh,' before setting her stuff down.

"Good thing we have another room," Ben said.

"Why are all of the cushions on the floor?" Klaus and Cosmina heard Sloane ask Lila. The two had migrated to the kitchen. Cosmina had wanted to start Klaus on having smoothies so in case he didn't want to eat from his nightmares or a vision, he could have that.

"Are all the questions going to be related to us?" Klaus asked under his breath, but both Cosmina and Ben (standing at the end of the kitchen) heard him.

"It's for safety purposes," Ben said vaguely.

"Oh?"

"You would be disoriented if you had visions of disasters or some violent death and experienced the pain yourself because all of your senses are impacted by the vision," Lila said, tilting her head while keeping a straight face, daring Sloane to say something else.

"Oh," Sloane repeated in a smaller voice. She was recalling some of Cosmina's and Klaus' abilities and obviously they're probably overhearing her ask these questions. Lila and Ben were obviously protective over their respective siblings and Sloane wasn't exactly respectful about her questions and not thinking of a reasonable answer to her questions. She was startled by the sound of a blender.

"Oooo, Mina's making smoothies," Lila said excitedly, "Let's get you to a room," she added motioning Sloane down the hall. Sloane picked up her suitcase, Ben helping with her other bags and helped her carry them to the back room.

"The doors are colored in case Klaus, Cosmina, or I are not able to think about what door we're going to, we know by color. Cosmina and Klaus have red, mine is the white door, Ben is the brown door, and you're the green door," Lila listed off. Sloane saw the bright red door next to the bathroom, the white door across the hall, a brown dark wooden door next to it, and a forest green next to the red door.

"You totally didn't think about a green color next to a red," Ben said.

"I think Cosmina saw this would be a green door," Lila admitted, staring at the door.

"I like forest green," Sloane informed them.

"Then that explained it then," Lila said. She opened the door revealing a blank room to them. "You get to decorate how you want. We don't have to worry too much about money as we have someone who can win anything," Lila said, pulling out a card. She handed it off to Sloane.

"Why does she get to decorate her room, but I don't?" Ben questioned in disbelief.

"Because we had Klaus for opinions and knew you were coming back and needed a room. Both Klaus and Cosmina know coming back to life is exhausting, you were dead for two years, so they wanted a room ready for you," Lila said.

Ben crossed his arms, "And who put the starfish pillow in there?"

"He has a starfish pillow?" Sloane asked from inside the room.

"Well, Seafood, of course, it was me," Lila said with a big smile.

"Oh," Sloane said to herself. Ben grows tentacles, Lila calls him Seafood, starfish pillow.

They all jumped hearing a thud and ran out of the room to find Cosmina calmly pouring smoothies into five different glasses. She looked up at them and their startled states, "I made smoothies," she informed them.

"We see that," Ben responded.

"Do they have mango?" Sloane asked.

"I was going to, but then I saw you were allergic to mangoes and would rather not risk killing you," Cosmina answered with a small smile. Sloane gave her one back and reached for one of the glasses. Cosmina looked down for a brief second, "Lila, could you get an anti-inflammatory?" she asked.

Lila paused her drinking of her smoothie, before nodding, now noticing who seemed to be missing from the room. She went to the bathroom quickly and grabbed one and brought it back to Cosmina who proceeded to grind it up into a powder. "Where did Klaus go?" Ben asked, noticing he's been too quiet.

"He's dead," Cosmina said, dumping the dust of the anti-inflamatory into the last smoothie.

Sloane gasped in shock and Ben's eyes widened. Cosmina looked down again, "I think someone got choked and stabbed," she said. Ben and Sloane quickly move around the counter to find a pale Klaus with a deep bruise around his neck. His shirt was hiked up from Cosmina checking him for any other markings to reveal a marking that resembled a deep slash. Cosmina mixed the crushed up the anti-inflammatory into the last smoothie and pauses again, her eyes flickering gold. "Ben, bucket, quickly," Cosmina said, motioning behind her. A tentacle sprouts out, latching on to a bucket and handing it to Cosmina's outstretched hand. Klaus lets out a strangled gasp as he awakens and the bucket is held in front of him as he dry heaved, eventually clearing his stomach of some blood that formed from his vision.

Klaus paused and took a moment to recall the injuries that were from the vision. He knew of the knife slice in his stomach and the strangulation. He touched his head to find crusty blood in his hair and looks at Cosmina who held the smoothie out, "It has crushed up anti-inflammatory for your neck and my apologies for not seeing you were going to hit your head," she said with a sad tone.

Klaus took a sip and his eyes lit up at the taste of the smoothie, scooting forward to wrap his arms around Cosmina's waist. He knew she felt bad he was bleeding from his head because she didn't see it, so he was cheering her up the best he could while he couldn't stand without getting dizzy or speak from being choked.