< LIEUTENANT >

Narrator

After fighting with Haerin about their inappropriate response to the whole situation, Y/n found herself leaving the area.

Detective Kang didn't like Y/n partying during such a hard time in the whole crew's life, so Y/n did their best to at least leave the scene Haerin wasn't a fan of.

But when they did so....,

Y/n came face to face with someone they thought they'd never see again.

- Lieutenant POV -

I couldn't trust my daughter with what was going on in her case. I knew she was doing some unethical things to wrap up the biggest case our precinct had ever had. So, to protect her, I had to reach out to some of the criminals I knew I could pull in without much repercussions.

"I see you can't seem to stay away from trouble," I coldly greeted Y/n as I saw her walk out of one the most well-known clubs in the city.

I had arrested Y/n once before.

When I was merely a rookie.

Y/n was a great racer. She gave us a great chase on a hot summer night, but it was all for fun in her eyes. Once she was done with her ride, she stopped the car and tossed the car keys to my officers.

It was oddly what got her out of trouble.

The court just found Y/n to be a young woman having fun. She wasn't seen as a threat to society.

"What do you want?" Y/n-ssi coldly asked.

I breathed deeply, knowing Y/n would ask for an outrageous fee because I requested her services.

"I need a favor," I lowly responded.

I already knew the trouble Y/n had gotten herself into. I knew she was part of Jiyong's team and we had just confiscated her whole car shop. So, getting her to turn over her team for her babies, AKA her cars, would be an easy task.

"No," Y/n quickly rejected me.

"Excuse me?" I looked at her in disgust.

"You sure are confident for someone who just joined our wanted list," I stepped up to prevent Y/n from walking away from me.

"Dad!" I suddenly heard someone say from behind me.

It was my daughter.

Haerin.

"Not harassing my informant, Are you?" Haerin-ei coldly asked

I was a bit shocked that Y/n was the one that had been helping her the entire time. The whole time, I thought Detective Kang was just tailing Y/n....

I had no idea that Y/n had become my daughter's bitch.

"Impressive," I snarked under my breath.

"Tell me, Detective. How did you manage to wrap the little vixen here around your finger?" I asked Haerin, taunting Y/n.

"More like wrap her legs around mi-"

Y/n was about to taunt back, when Haerin suddenly hissed out... "Y/n, shut up."

Y/n rolled her eyes a bit but obeyed orders without retaliation.

I was genuinely very impressed.

"Dad, I told you got this," Haerin looked annoyed with me.

"I just wanted to help. Getting Y/n to give up everyone in her crew would be the best way to arrest G-dragon," I tried to explain.

"News flash, Old man. You got bigger issues than G," Y/n rudely interjected.

"Y/n, shut up! I'm pissed off at you already. Do you want to make it worse?!" Haerin-ei suddenly yelled at Y/n.

Y/n sighed and just nodded in response.

I was starting to wonder if their relationship went further than the case.

"What's she talking about?" I angrily asked Haerin.

"It's a long story," Haerin was withholding information.

I took a deep breath and was about to let it go. So far, I was very impressed with the fact that Haerin had somehow infiltrated into Jiyong's drug empire....

But that was until I saw Y/n start to walk away.

"Y/n-ssi, where tf do you think you're going?!" I yelled.

Y/n just ignored me.

"Tell her to come back or I'm going to have to arrest her," I angrily ordered Haerin.

"You arrest her and she'll lawyer up. We won't have any more insight into what's going on with Jiyong," Haerin glared at me.

"Why are you defending her? She's a criminal," I glared back.

"I'm not defending her. I am stating the facts. I have already promised her immunity for her cooperating. If you arrest her, she won't talk," Haerin got in my face.

- Y/N POV -

I could hear The Detective and her dad screaming at each other. I was too out of it to understand what was going on. All I could gather was that the Lieutenant wanted me to throw everything else under the bus but Haerin wouldn't let him.

After all, Haerin and Minji had already promised that if we helped then they'll help us out too.

"You know what? You're off the case!!" The Lieutenant suddenly yelled at Haerin.

"You can't do that!!" The Detective yelled back.

I turned around to see what the commotion was all about and saw the Lieutenant getting up in Haerin's face.

I angrily marched my way back and pushed him off of her.

"Y/n, stay out of this!" Haerin pulled me back.

"You have a lot to learn Detective. You're off the case!" The Lieutenant yelled.

Suddenly, I was kicked down to the ground and The Lieutenant was forcefully arresting me.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled in frustration.

I was feeling his whole weight on top of me. He was grabbing me by the back of the neck and trying to handcuff me at the same time.

"Haerin, wtf!" I was chocking a bit.

I started to lose consciousness.

I kept trying to understand what was going on, but all I could hear was yelling.

I suddenly blacked out for a bit and, next thing I knew, I was being thrown into a police car.

It didn't take long before we reached the precinct. I was seated into an integration and The Lieutenant started yelling at me.

I was too dazed from the whole situation to even know what was going on.

All I could manage to say was.....

"I want a lawyer."

-

-

-

-

-

-

-