< EX >

Narrator

Danielle was annoyed at how attentive Haerin was with Y/n.

Haerin had rushed over her suspect to an illegal clinic behind a car shop suspected of doing illicit activities.

"Oh, thank god!" Jennie rushed into the clinic to hug Y/n. She then turned to hug Haerin and Dani looked at them with her brows furrowed.

Danielle really couldn't understand what was going on.

Soon after, Jackson, Yunjin, and Soobin rushed into the clinic as well.

They were all relieved to finally see Y/n again.

The entire time Danielle seemed a bit suspicious of the situation and Minji could see it. She had been analyzing Dani since they arrived at the clinic.

- Minji POV -

I watched as Haerin kept teasing Y/n. She was digging her fingers into Y/n's bullet wounds while J's entire crew kept laughing.

I couldn't lie that I trying not to laugh myself.

I had heard about Haerin and Y/n's second met. When she was practically kidnapped by all of Y/n's friends.

"Ooowwww!!" Y/n yelled.

"Get me some vodka!" Haerin teased.

"Haha very FUUUCCCNNYY!!" Y/n tried to mockly respond but instead she screamed in pain.

"What a whiny little bitch!" I heard Dani scoff under her breath as she started to exit the clinic.

I sighed, knowing I shouldn't intervene, and followed after Dani.

"It's different with her!" I yelled before Dani could disappear from my sight.

Danielle froze for a second and shook her legs in hesitation. She then turned and angrily marched in my direction. "How can she accept her and not me?!" She yelled.

"Haerin's different now," I calmly responded.

I could see Dani biting the inside of her check. It seemed like she was trying to chose her words wisely.

You could say that was Dani's specialty. She was the perfect conwoman.

Unlike Y/n, who committed crimes out a position she was accidentally put in, Danielle was a true criminal. She did things out of people power over powerless people.

"She's different, huh?" Dani smugly asked.

"She was a cadet then, barely a rookie cop, and now she's a detective. She's grown a lot. She did you a favor, you have absolutely no right to be jealous," I sternly responded.

Dani seemed to think that she knew Haerin better or that Haerin was being a hypocrite, but it was clear that Danielle just hated the fact that Haerin had moved on.

"Jealous? Who's jealous?!" Dani chuckled as if amused.

Suddenly, we both heard people laughing out of the shop. We turned to be cautious of our surroundings and it was Haerin with Y/n.

"It was payback!!" Haerin kept giggling.

It didn't look like they had noticed us yet.

"Yeah, I know!" Y/n chuckled.

"Thank you for coming to get me. I don't know how I'm ever going to repay you and your friends," The couple was sweetly holding hands and looking into each other's eyes.

A few seconds after, they shared a kiss.

I turned to look at Dani and she rolled her eyes at me, biting the inside of her cheek.

- Haerin POV -

I had finally gotten my payback for Y/n sticking her fingers into my own bullet wound on our second meeting.

I couldn't lie that it was fun.

"I love you," Y/n whispered against my lips as we kissed.

"I love you too," I whispered back and slowly pulled away from her lips.

When I pulled away, I suddenly saw Minji and Dani standing at a far distance.

"How about you go and catch up with your friends and I'll go thank Dani for her help?" I suggested to Y/n, wanting to talk to Danielle alone.

"Oh, I want to say thank you to her too!" Y/n got a little excited.

I shook my head 'no' and thankfully Y/n got the memo and headed back inside.

I walked up to the girls and Minji unnie quickly walked into the shop behind Y/n.

"Rubbing it in my face?" Dani bitterly asked once we saw none in sighed.

I sighed a bit, feeling kind of bad.

"I didn't realize you guys were out here talking," I lowly answered.

Dani sighed then took a deep breath. It looked like she was hesitating to say something, but it seemed like curiosity got the best of her.

"Why her and not me?" She asked.

I looked around a bit, attempting to avoid the question.... but it seemed like Dani really wanted to know.

I took a deep breath and let it out before giving her my answer.

"I wasn't looking for anything. Actually, after we dated... I never dated anyone else...," I began to explain.

"With Y/n.... things just sort of happened. It started out with her asking me for help and putting me into some really dangerous situation.... but deep down I learned that she's a good person. She really cares about people and is trying to do the right thing. She's not what people assume her to be by just looking at her," I caught myself smiling like an idiot as I explained.

Dani's whole demeanor seemed to have changed at this point.

She seemed a bit ashamed or maybe defeated or something. I couldn't really tell, but she didn't seem to be wanting to pick a fight anymore.

"So, she's really different from me?" Dani seemed a little sad.

"Yes, but I really appreciate what you did for me today," I reached over to rub her arm and try to comfort her.

"And, if you're not too stuck in your ways, Y/n wants to personally thank you herself as well," I added with a teasing tone.

A small smile seemed to creep on Dani's face and she seemed to think for a second.

"You sure she won't care that your ex helped her escape?" Dani tried to tease.

I took a deep breath a bit taken back by the question.

"Actually, Y/n doesn't know that yet!" I awkwardly laughed.

"But, we can go introduce you and see how she reacts," I tried to play along with silly way of trying to joke with me.

"Okay," Dani shyly answered.

I smiled at her before grabbing her hand and guiding her inside the shop to officially meet my new girlfriend.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-