< RECRUIT >

Narrator

Rei made Y/n help her release Haerin and Soobin along with handing them over a sedated Jennie.

Later that day, at the request of Y/n, Rei sent someone to retrieve the set up kit she had handed the group in her attempt to frame them.

The Detective and Jackson's crew left Japan promptly after.

- Y/N POV -

It had been a week since Rei basically took me as her capture and I couldn't seem to reason with her.

"It doesn't matter. Even if you run the whole business, that won't stop anyone from possibly trying to start their own business or even attempt to take you down!" I said for the 100th time that week.

Rei couldn't understand that her plan to take all the other suppliers out was flawed.

Just like she chose to take down her brother and take over his business, someone was going to do that to her.

"YOU DON'T GET IT! NO ONE WOULD EVEN DARE TO CROSS ME!" Rei screamed like a brat.

Rei was much worse than before.

A full on narcissist with psychotic tendencies.

- Haerin POV -

We had touched back down in South Korea and I had no time to waste.

"You seriously aren't going to your ex to ask for fucking help, right?!" Minji unnie asked as she rode on my passenger seat to our destination.

I didn't respond.

I was too angry.

We soon arrived to our destination and I couldn't deny that I was a little nervous.

But....

I needed help.

I took a deep breath then walked down the pier to meet with the one person I had hoped I'd never had to see ever again.

When Minji and I arrived to the arranged location....

My heart stopped for a second.

"Long time no see!" Danielle smugly greeted

I was too entranced with her beauty and filled with guilt to responde.

"Ugh, this is crazy....," I heard Minji unnie mumble to herself.

"What happened? Did the big bad detective get corrupted?" Danielle snarked at me.

I scoffed and crossed my arms in annoyance.

"I have a situation I need help with and only a little weasel like you can help me with it," I smugly responded.

"And what exactly is this situation?" Dani smirked.

I bit the inside of my cheek knowing I shouldn't be falling into her little games.

"Nothing for you to know, I just need your skills," I replied with the same demeanor.

"Oh, you need me now!" Dani gave me a mischievous smile as she ran her finger under my chin.

"Alright, if you two are just gonna flirt I'm getting the fuck out of here," Minji unnie remarked.

Unnie's comment happened to take me out of my trance and I finally managed to focus on reason I was here for.

Danielle and I had dated for a few years....

That's until I found out that she was running an illegal identity theft business.

Well, it was a little more complicated.

Danielle was doing all this while I was in the police academy. I didn't even know about it until I saw her face in the Interpol watchlist...

I felt so betrayed then that I broke up with her....

But not before letting her go first.

I scrubbed off all the data we had on her and told her to run.

I told her to get the fuck away from me.

Funny how things turn out.

"Unnie, wait!" I told Minji before she could leave me alone with Dani.

I knew I wasn't strong enough to be left alone with her right now.

"Ahem, give her a briefing of what's going on!" I cleared my throat.

I was too scared to talk to Danielle myself.

Dani was cunning and manipulative. She knew just how to wrap me around her finger.... and... I wasn't strong enough to hold myself back from at the moment.

"We have a suspect we need to retrieve under the radar. We can't have them be spotted because it would undermine the full operation," Minji luckily got the hint and came to my rescue.

"So, what? You want me to help you get this suspect out silently? Don't you have people in the precinct to do that?" Danielle chuckled.

I bit the inside of my tongue a little.

"We need to extradite this person into the country without anyone knowing," I finally chose to spoke up.... "and we can't do it without out you," I said with a bit of hesitation.

"Oh, you need me now?" Dani raised her eyebrow at me.

"Because last time I saw you.... you told me to get the fuck away from you....," Dani scoffed before getting in my face.

I bitterly inhaled air through my lips and looked down at my feet in a mix of shame and frustration.

I knew that what I was doing was hypocritical.

I had broken up with Danielle because of her criminal activity and then here I was....

Asking for her help to get my criminal girlfriend out of trouble.

"So, are you in or out?!" Minji unnie came to my rescue again.

"I don't work for cops and I certainly don't work for free," Dani scoffed before attempting to walk away.

"We'll give you immunity and can guarantee a few new clients!" I panicked, trying to get her not to leave.

"What?!" Both Minji and Danielle turned to look at me.

"What are you doing?" Minji unnie nudged me a bit.

"Shut up, we need her... and... when this all done Jackson and his crew will need new identities!" I tried to hide my words under my teeth.

"Really? Guaranteed?" Dani turned to asked.

"Yup!" I tried not to gulp.

Dani then turned to look at Minji and asked... "Can you guarantee too?"

Minji unnie just sighed before hesitating to say.... "Guaranteed."

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Author's Note: Sorry, need me a little Daerin every story :P