< GIRLFRIEND >

Narrator

Haerin walked into the shop to find Hanni and Y/n joking around as if they had been friends for years. Meanwhile, Minji and everyone around them just seems amused.

Danielle had accepted that maybe she did feel a little jealous but she felt more at ease now that Haerin had explained a bit more about Y/n.

- Dani POV -

Haerin and I walked back into the car shop and everyone seemed to be having fun.

Hanni and Y/n seemed to be having the most fun as they danced together to some funky song.

"Hanni could always make friends with just anyone," I thought to myself as I watched them.

Y/n seemed to finally catch sight of us and I quickly snatched my hand from Haerin's, barely realized we had been holding hands.

Y/n didn't seem to have noticed or mind, She just grabbed Haerin's hand and they started to dance together.

"TO BACK TO THE FRONT,
YOU 10 BABY GIRL BUT I'M THE 1"

Haerin and her girlfriend looked like little dorks together.

It was actually king of cute.

"YOU MY LIL BOO THANG!!"

They kept screaming the lyrics out, laughing, and dancing.

I couldn't lie that I still felt a little jealous, I could see that they really had something special. Something I couldn't have with Haerin.

But in reality, instead of sulking in my feelings....

All I could think was, "These two are dancing as if they didn't just get shot a few hours ago!"

Soon enough, the song started to end and Haerin pulled Y/n in my direction.

"Y/n, meet my friend Danielle. Dani, meet my girlfriend, Y/n!" Haerin officially introduced us with the widest smile I had ever seen on her face.

"Nice to meet you!" Y/n extended her hand.

I hesitated for a bit, but politely shook it and said... "Nice to meet you too."

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm really grateful for all of your help. Are you a cops too?" Y/n seemed really nice.

I felt a bit awkward about her question.

"No, not really. Almost entirely the opposite," I awkwardly responded.

"Well, that's alright. People sometimes have different motives in life, so long as you're a good person," Y/n kindly responded.

I was pleasantly surprised by Y/n's response.

It didn't seem like Haerin had oversold Y/n to me at all.

- Y/N POV -

"So, how did you two meet then?" I asked Haerin and her friend.

"Actually, we used to date!" Haerin seemed to be on one her dopey moods.

She must have been feeling really excited and relieved to have finally gotten me back.

"Oh, okay," I awkwardly responded....

Not really knowing what to think.

"We met in school. We used to go to school together," Danielle-ssi added to Haerin's answer.

"Aaahh, okay! So, you four are like a little group?" I asked once everything started to click.

"Yeah and the pilot who flew the plane today is a school friend too!" Haerin cutely responded.

She seemed really hyper.

"Her name is Hyein!" she added.

I nodded in response, slightly giggling at her cute behavior.

It always surprised me how there were sides of Detective Kang that had still yet to see.

"So, there's Minji, Hanni, Danielle, Hyein, and You?" I began to count as I listed off the names.

"Yes, 5 of us!" Haerin started jumping up and down.

"DECTIVE KANG!!" We suddenly heard a loud yell coming from deeper in the shop.

It was Jackson.

Haerin seemed a bit startled, but then...

Jackson began to straighten up and lifted his hand up to salute at Detective Kang. Soobin followed after with Yeonjun, and finally Yunjin and Teahyun held up a salute as well.

The salute trickled-down like a platoon saluting to their Lieutenant.

I felt pretty pride at the immense respect Jackson and everyone else were showing to Haerin.

Kang Haerin seemed a bit confused and turned to look a me.

I just gave her a smile and lifted my hand up to salute her as well.

The Detective just chuckled a bit with her brows furrowed.

"You're not gonna salute back?" I teased.

Haerin began to smile widely and saluted at me before turning to salute at the crew.

"You guys are sooo weird!!" Haerin's friend, Hanni, suddenly exclaimed... causing everyone to laugh.

"You're all so silly," Haerin stepped up to tease me.

We both smiled at each other for a second then leaned in to kiss.

"UUUGHHHHH!!" We heard the whole crew exclaimed.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-