10

"Khia." Ace knocked on the bathroom door for the fifth time in the past hour.

"Yes Ace?"

"The food is here."

The other side of the door went back silent. Ace was ready to leave again thinking that Khia wouldn't be coming out this time either.

He stopped and turned around when he heard the bathroom door unlocking.

Khia stood there in a pair of his sweatpants and one of his shirts.

Ace had easily worked Khia to stay when the boys left but that didn't mean she would stay in his presence, and she surely stretched that out as much as she could.

That was the reason she'd been in the bathroom for over an hour after asking for some of his clothes to change in. Her excuse when he knocked was always she was changing but he knew that was bullshit.

"Where is it?" Khia raised her eyebrow gently, her head perking up as she stared up at a taller Ace.

"Kitchen." Ace nudged his head to the side where the kitchen was. Khia nodded and stepped past him to make her way there.

Like Ace said, the food was sitting on the counter for the both of them.

Khia took her own meal out and went and got herself a fork along with a napkin.

Ace watched as she smoothly moved around his kitchen to get everything she needed, even heading to the pantry to get herself a room temperature water.

Even when Khia didn't exactly want to be around Ace she was still so easily calmed by being in his spaces and presence.

Khia made her way back to a seat at the counter with a bottle of water in hand.

She easily got into the seat and swirled it into position in front of her Pho.

"So good.." she mumbled under her breath as she picked up her fork and started gathering her up some to take a bite of.

Ace made his way further into the kitchen, over to the bag that had the food that was for him in there. Ace had never had pho but the way Khia was acting he knew he had to get over himself and try it.

He prepared his food just how he'd watched Khia do it moments before.

Ace leaned down to the counter and started to eat his food.

Khia was across from him watching a YouTube video quietly on her phone while eating her meal.

"What you watching?"

"Raud."

"Who?" Ade raised a brow in confusion as he stared at her, meanwhile Khia hadn't picked up her head once.

"He tell story times and stream and he really just funny as shit..." she mumbled out, to focused on what she was watching

"Khia."

Ace called her, getting fed up with how she was acting.

Khia acted like she couldn't hear him when he called her so he called her again, and again, three times and she didn't say shit.

"Khia can you please stop fucking playing all the time like damn come on."

Khia lifted her eyes up at Ace, as if she was giving him attention. Then she dragged her eyes back down to her phone.

"Ion know what you talking about..." she said under her breath as she raised her spoon up to her mouth and sipped it.

Ace licked his lips, taking a deep breath. He felt like he was dealing with a toddler. Or he was the one being a toddler he couldn't tell which one.