5

"Princess you need to get your lazy butt up."

Khia kicked a little under Princesses tummy, the little kitten playing like she was dead.

When princess didn't move Khia chuckled under her breath, the cat never went this far with her kitten joke of being dead.

Khia leaned down on one knee and picked princess up under her belly.

Khia frowned slightly when she noticed princess laying limp in her own hand.

Khia's heart dropped to her ass.

The girl immediately cradled her kitten to her chest, feeling her slightly breathing under her palm but she wasn't waking up.

Khia felt tears building in her eyes as she hurried over to her hello kitty slippers and yanked her bag up off her bed.

"Princess please wake up princess please." Khia mumbled the words into the kittens ear as she held the small cat up to her ear, listening to the cat breathe but barely.

Everyone in her home was sleep. It was 12am and Khia was just finishing her shift at the bar.

She headed down the families steps quickly shuffling with her keys to just get out and into her car.

Once she was at the garage she yanked the drivers door open and hopped into the seat.

Khia's heart was beating fast as she pressed her foot to the pedal. She didn't know how she got from at her house to the pets emergency hospital so fast but all that mattered was her being here now.

"My cat she's-she's uhm she's not moving" Khia's hands were shaking at this point. Tears were down her face, some dried, some still running and her eyes as red as an apple.

"Let me take her ma'am you have to stay here." Khia nodded quickly, handing Princess off to the doctor who took her to the back.

Khia started to panic. Her body backing into one of the seats in the waiting room. She slumped down into the seat, pulling her legs up to her chest.

Khia started to rock her body back and forth, feeling like the world was closing in on her.

Khia could feel herself breathing but it was like she was no longer taking in any air. She placed her hand over her chest, beating it aggressively as she tried to bring in air.

The waiting room was empty. Nobody could see as Khia rolled out the chair onto the ground, holding her heart and begging for oxygen to come into her lungs.

"Pl-plase" Khia spasms out, her voice barely there as she knocked her bag over with her slightly limp hand.

Khia closed her eyes, holding her breath as she searched around the floor for her phone.

When she got it she tried to let out a breath but only small amounts came past her lips. She went to her call log, clicking on anything, her thumb hitting one of the recent calls from two weeks, that person being Ace from the last time she saw him.

Khia listened as the phone rang, her hands going to her neck as she tried to force herself to breathe.

Ace pulled his ski mask down, uncovering his mouth as one hand let go of one end of the rope he was holding.

"Khia I-"

Ace stopped speaking as he heard the sound of Khia on the other line, gasping for air, like she was fighting for help.

"H-help me" Khia forced out the best she could, a harsh cough leaving her, taking the last breath her body would allow her so easily.

Then everything went black.