Chapter 23: Improvements

Continued...
It's the afternoon when we arrive back at the Outpost where I find Andersen and the 3 CEOs waiting for me

Andersen: You're back.

You: How's everything?

Ingrid: Everything is not good.

Mustang: Oui, it is not good.

You: I see...

Syuen: How can we deal with this?! At this rate, Missilis's reputation is going to be in shambles!

Ingrid: What she's trying to say is that we should try to have a press conference to calm people down.

Syuen: Hey!

Mustang: Oui, we should have a press conference. That shall sway public opinion.

You: What about the Outer Ring?

Syuen: We don't need to worry about them. They're just a bunch of low rats that are unimportant.

You: ...

Ingrid: I'll set up the conference.

You: Got it.

Ingrid walks out

Syuen: I'm going too. You take care of the protests... And you better do it right.

You: Sure...

Mustang: Don't worry Fern, I have faith that you can do it.

You: Thanks then.

Syuen and Mustang then walks out

Andersen: Additionally, I'd like to speak with you in the Command Center.

You: Let's go then.

Me, Mustang, and Andersen then walk into the Command Center

Andersen: I'd like to inform you that Enikk would like to have a word with you.

Me: Enikk?

Andersen: She is the overseer of the Ark.

You: ... So did I do anything wrong?

Andersen: Not that I am aware of.

You: Alright then.

It soon takes a while but I manage to reach Enikk's place somewhere in the Ark

Enikk: You're here.

You: You wanted to speak to me?

Enikk: Yes. I have a few questions to ask you.

You: Sure, let's hear them.

Enikk: I have been informed recently that you have made a temporary truce with the Raptures regarding the information with the Federation. Have you considered the Raptures betraying or collaborating with the Federation?

You: ... That has slipped past my mind a couple of times, but nothing has sparked red flags in my head as of now.

Enikk: You must be careful. According to my calculations as of this time, the Raptures pose a greater threat than the Federation due to their dominance in this world.

You: ... However, once the Federation gets serious, things are going to be very difficult for us.

Enikk: I understand. How do you plan on fighting once the Federation brings out more troops?

You: ...

Enikk: I would like you to be honest. You will not be punished for speaking negatively of the Ark.