Chapter 5: The Test Begins

Previously...

I stand up and leave

Andersen: Good day, Commander Fern, and stay well.

I then walk out of the office and head to my new squadmates

Anis: You're back?

You: Yes.

Rapi: Did Andersen say anything?

You: He wanted to make me a commander, and I accepted...

Anis: What?! I mean, it's understandable but so suddenly? You haven't even been trained!

You: Well, it's too late anyway, so now you're my squadmates. Plus, I've led a squad before.

Anis: But didn't you say you've never had a Nikke squad?

You: It wasn't Nikkes, it was a Task Force Squad, comprising humans.

Rapi: I see...

Rapi walks up to me and looks into my eyes through my helmet.

Rapi: It's confirmed, he's our new Commander.

Rapi says while saluting

Anis: All right, hello Commander.

Anis also does the same thing

You: We can drop the formalities, I've known you for a while now, just be yourself.

Rapi: Roger.

You: Let's just make our way to the Simulation Room.

We continue to walk until we reach the Simulation Room. On our way there, Anis and Rapi informed me all about the Ark, the Big Three, the Central Government, and of course, the Nikkes. Once we reached the Simulation Room, we found a woman dressed in red and white attire. She appears to be a high-ranking officer

 She appears to be a high-ranking officer

???: I'm Ingrid, your coach for today. Welcome to the Simulation Room. This is where I'll be putting your combat skills to the test.

Anis: Commander, what is this all about?

Rapi: Having our combat skills tested after a mission? I've never heard of such a thing. They usually do this sort of thing beforehand.

Anis: And isn't that the CEO of Elysion? What is she doing here?

Rapi: This is, a hobby of hers.

Ingrid: No chit-chat when I'm talking!

Everyone immediately quiets down.

Ingrid: Next, you will face a battle simulation in the simulation room. I can tell you, you'd better not be lax and think that it's just a simulation. The Simulation Room is the Ark's pride and joy. You can experience combat in reality here. Not only can it simulate all kinds of real battle scenarios, but you can also fight against virtual Raptures. Tactics will be essential to handle these various situations in battle. So, go and complete the test tactically. That is all.