Chapter 19: Overzone

Author's Message: This chapter took me quite a bit of time I shall say. It may seem simple since I did copy and paste, but most of the time making this chapter was spent on corrections and rereading this. Additionally, please note that this chapter contains pretty much the entire Overzone dialogue. As such, it is advised to skip the dialogue unless you want to spend a long time reading this.

Additionally, I know I'm very late, by 18 days to be exact (at the time of writing this), but I want to wish Nikke a very Happy 1st Anniversary, this is my favorite anime game of all time and I look forward to the conclusion of the game.

Well, onto the chapter...

Spoiler Warning (But you already know that):

Continued...

Dorothy: ...

You: Dorothy?

Dorothy: ...

.

..

...

Dorothy: Have you heard of Operation Ark Guardian?

You: Ark Guardian?

It was an operation conducted by the Central Government upon its formation.

You: Judging by the name, does it have to do with the Ark?

Dorothy: Yes. It was an operation conducted when the Ark was built.

You: So you were part of the legendary Goddess Squad.

Dorothy: ... Yes.

You: I've heard a little bit about what happened. I don't know what happened during Ark Guardian, however. I just knew that after that, the remaining Nikkes from Goddess became pilgrims.

Dorothy: Yes...

You: So where are the others?

Dorothy: It's been a while since I've met them...

You: I see... What happened during Ark Guardian?

Dorothy: ...

You: ...

Dorothy: It was a long time ago when we were together.....

Third Person

.

.

.

???

A shot rings out

*Bang*

???: ...

???: ...

Dorothy: ...

??? slowly walks forward

???: ...

Dorothy: Has she gone?

???: ... Yes.

Dorothy: Did she say what her name was?

???: I didn't hear her say anything, and wasn't exactly a convenient time to ask. Her name tag said "Kate." There was no way to know for sure if that was her name, though.

Dorothy: Nikke corruption... scary.

???: Very. It robs you of your own identity.

???: Not even she could endure it.