The Day We Met

Days passed by after the incident. I was helpless, I didn't know what to do next. Everything I had, all the trust, all the hope in me got lost and destroyed within an hour. I still couldn't believe in all this. I kept questioning myself 'Why?'. I lost appetite, nobody knew why I stopped being moody. I couldn't tell them what's the matter, not because I didn't trust them, but it wasn't an ordinary reason.

The days kept by going on, I still had a lot of things to do, so I had to pretend to be fine and like nothing has happened. I spent most of the days at the new apartment and helped my parents to still renew the flat. I was there all day long, but I didn't mind, it helped me to process everything and heal. On a random, ordinary Friday, I was just scrolling through my phone, when all out of the sudden, a random notification popped up on my screen. I could tell that it was one from that app, which I forgot to delete afterwards because I completely forgot about it. I opened and checked out immediately. I was curious, but some thoughts crossed my mind even more, when I saw it, somehow all the negativity, all the bad uncomfortable thoughts I had, they have just disappeared. Of course I had a hesitant feeling, but at the end I thought that I am going to give it a chance, try it for the very last time and it will be how it will be, I don't care. I accepted the request and just started to wait and see what's coming. I wasn't sure about what is going to happen next, but I went with the flow. A few hours passed by and to my surprise, it was already going better than I imagined. To be honest I was way too stunned to say anything, I didn't even know why.

'Hii!'- he said with an excitement.

'Heyyy! Nice to meet you!'- I replied.

We started talking and I immediately felt completely safe and happy. I found it way too strange, he made me feel so good. I can't understand why people do not believe someone when they say they fell in love at first sight. It's rare, but it happens. If in a second, seventy nine stars can disappear from the sky, then in a second the stardust inside someone's heart can recognise the stardust in another's. There's nearly eight billion of us in the world. It must have happened for someone and that's how I exactly felt like. Meeting him was like listening to a song for the first time and knowing it would be my favourite. The first night we kept talking for so long, it felt as if it was never ending even though we were both aware, that we are going to be tired the next day, yet we didn't care. I learnt a lot about him on the first day and I honestly enjoyed talking to him about anything. A part of me was happy that I found someone like him, a real special, charming, kind hearted person. It felt way too suspicious to me, I don't even know why, but I was still doubting what we had, even if it has been only a day.
The next day as I woke up, I would check my phone if he was awake or not. I didn't hesitate for a second, so I decided to text first.

'Good morning.' I said.

I was patiently waiting for a response. I think only a few hours passed by, when out of the sudden, I received a message under his name, I was waiting for until now. I immediately got happy, because there was an opportunity to talk to him again, which I enjoyed immensely. Yet I still got a strange sensation of being way too happy. I felt somewhat much better having him by my side. When I was with him I acted differently, but in a good way. I laughed and smiled more. I didn't have to pretend everything was okay, when it was really not. With him I could drop the fake smile and put on a real one. I didn't feel hurt and alone when I was with him, instead, I felt safe, loved, cared and accepted. He was easy to talk to and he was always listening to me. I didn't have to worry about holding back with him. I didn't feel self conscious, I didn't ever feel insecure or sad. He wasn't pretending, I really appreciated his company, because with him, I was a complete different person, but I was definitely over the moon.