𝟏𝟕 - 𝐀 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐔𝐍 // 𝐏𝟒

⋅───⊱༺ ♰ ༻⊰───⋅

⋅───⊱༺ ♰ ༻⊰───⋅

"When did you start getting along with that gorilla?" Nobara questioned, looking up at Yuuji who was sitting across the bed from her. "Well, we got along, but like... I remember what happened, but I wasn't exactly myself then..." Yuuji admitted, placing a clean hand on his head.

"What. were you drunk?"

"You believe I could've been drinking liquor in that situation? I'm shocked."

Megumi and Y/n just sat there in silence, eating their pizzas as they watched the two converse back and forth. Y/n was sat next to Nobara.

"But I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt, Fushiguro," Yuuji suddenly changed the topic, looking over at the younger male. "You're able to eat pizza now, too!" Yuuji said as all four of them took another bite of their pizza slices.

"Come on, bring me something easier to digest..." Megumi complained, leaning back on the bedframe. "No complaining." Nobara interrupted, happily chewing on her pizza.

"Apparently, I got off easier because my cursed energy was all dried up. Ieriri was still able to fix me up as soon as the roots were removed." Megumi explained, and Y/n's eyes darted towards him in disbelief. There were roots in him??

"Huh, so that's a thing that can happen?" Yuuji innocently questioned as Nobara gave him a sharp side-eye. "You fought against them, didn't you?"

"Itadori." Megumi suddenly spoke, halting Yuuji from being able to take another bite of his pizza. "You've grown stronger," Yuuji raised an eyebrow, wondering why Megumi was bringing this topic up. "Back then, we both said our convictions were proper ones. I still think that's true. Or, put another way, we're both wrong."

"Huh?" Yuuji huffed out, the two girls on the side eavesdropping on their conversation. Nobara placed a hand on her cheek, supporting her face. "Some questions don't have answers, you know. You're thinking too hard, you'll go bald."

"That's right... there is no answer. It's just whether or not you can accept it. But there's no accepting anything if you can't have it your way. Weak sorcerers can't do that." Megumi spoke before he gripped onto his bedsheets. "So I'm going to become strong too." He stated, before looking over at Yuuji. "I'll surpass you in no time."

Yuuji's eyes widened before a wide smile appeared on his face. He chuckled a little. "You never change." Nobara peered over at Megumi. "Don't just move the conversation forward without us." She said, gesturing towards herself and Y/n.

"That's my brother's friends for you!"

Everyone flinched as they all turned their attention to the end of the bed. Aoi was sitting there with a content expression, nodding to himself as everyone deadpanned at him.