𝟏𝟔 - 𝐊𝐘𝐎𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑-𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓 // 𝐏𝟑

⋅───⊱༺ ♰ ༻⊰───⋅

⋅───⊱༺ ♰ ༻⊰───⋅

The group of four continued to run through the hallways, trying to avoid contact with the roots that were chasing after them. While chasing after them, the roots destroyed the path it took along the way, limiting the group's options to run.

"Are you all right, Inumaki?" Megumi asked as Inumaki drank some kind of syrup. "Salmon."

Suddenly, Noritoshi turns around and shouts. "Here it comes!" The curse that is on the roots flung his arm toward the group, making sharp wooden roots dart towards them. Inumaki stepped forward, 

"Stop."

Both the curse and its roots have halted. Quickly, Noritoshi clasped his hands together and aimed right at the curse. Blood started to seep through his fingers. "Convergence, Piercing Blood!" He shouted, as a sharp arrow darted towards the curse. He was successful in hitting its head, wounding him at the same time.

The other three members, who were standing on a staircase watched in shock at his powerful strike.

That just proves how easy he went on Megumi and Y/n.

"Hurry! It's just gonna heal right away!" Noritoshi exclaimed, running past the three and up the flight of stairs. All four of them continued to run as the roots started to chase after them once more.

Their plan was like this:

Inumaki will stop them using his cursed speech, Megumi and Noritoshi will attack, and then as a group, they continue to run and get away from it. Then they will repeat this cycle as they try to get outside of the sudden veil and rejoin with the others.

Why isn't Y/n quite involved you may ask? Well, Megumi specifically told Noritoshi to not let her help for now. This is all that Noritoshi can recall:

"We might have kept it a secret from you and the others and you've never seen her use it. But trust me. Think of her as a backup, you won't be disappointed."

Noritoshi furrowed his eyebrows at Megumi's confident voice in his head before shaking it off and continuing to run. "Hurry!"

The group continued to run up staircases until they found an open balcony door. All four of them, with Y/n in front, guiding the way, jumped out of the highest-story balcony and landed safely onto another rooftop. The others followed suit as the roots thrust through the doors, breaking the walls.

The four stopped running and turned back as the special grade curse was standing on the balcony. Megumi summoned Nue once more, "Inumaki will stop it. Don't worry, just go!" Megumi shouted, before sending Nue towards the curse.

"St–"

All Noritoshi and Y/n could see was blood. Noritoshi and Megumi stared ahead as Nue's heart was punctured by the curse's hand, while Y/n looked terrifyingly at Inumaki who was on all fours with blood oozing out of his mouth.