Chapter 20 - wtf dad

Five helped Y/n out the boat, she was still soaking wet under the two jackets she had on.
"Well... that was a good first swimming experience wasn't it?" She joked as Five held her from the waist and rushed inside, he was also cold without his jacket on. No comment followed, he just glanced at her and she knew he didn't find her words funny, yet, because she knew he will use the moment in the future to shame her and have fun over it.
As they walked inside the house Viktor and Lila popped out from the living room joking about something until they realized the two soon to be wed were shivering, on without a jacket, the other soaking wet covered in two.

"What happened?" Asked Viktor as Lila just giggled behind him, Five glared at her making her close her mouth but not stop the action.
"Later, I need to warm up first." Y/n trembled getting a hold of Five's arm pulling him a little so to make him get back on task instead of fueling in his uncontrollable emotions.
"Right. If you need anything, we are a shout away"
"Don't call for me tho, I am no use." Lila said after Viktor as the two fiancées walked up the stairs and got in their room.

From the second floor someone looked down at the group clearing his throat, catching the attention of everyone. Reginald was standing there with his cane, perfect shaped beard and monocle.
"I need a word with you two." He said leaving the scene to wait in front of his office, leaving no option for the two to get a little warmer from the brutal weather and freezing water. Five was more than ready to ignore him, the uneasy need to get Y/n warmer before she could get sick was what more important to him right in that moment, yet Y/n couldn't allow herself to delay, Reginald didn't like her that much and, as much as this was fake and all, she didn't like people not liking her without having seen her true self properly.
"Let's go in, it's not gonna last long." She said as Five grunted in annoyance.
"You are going to get sick."
"It's just a few minutes, I'll be fine." Five didn't think she was going to be fine but he also couldn't say no... he understood how much she cared about family, contrary to himself, he could give less than two flying fucks for his father.

So they went towards the office, Reginald waiting for them at the door. Before the three of them entered he held a hand over the handle. "Your mother is never to hear about any of this."
It was mainly delivered for Five but obviously it was for Y/n too.
So they entered and the person who was sitting on a chair in front of Reginald's desk, giving their backs to the couple, didn't give them any happy emotions to feel.
"I told you I'd check up on you." The men stood and turned, Mr.Gilbertson from the immigrants office.
"What did you do?" Five hissed on gritted teeth as Y/n jaw dropped a little.
"I got a phone call from Mr.Gilbertson here, who told me that if you were lying, about your marriage and he strongly believes that you are, he would send her to prison and you back to the UK. So I flew him up here." Reginald revealed as he walked around them to side with Mr.Gilbrtson.
"Dad." Five jaw tightened but the two didn't leave him time to talk.
"Luckily for you, your father negotiated a deal on your behalf," Y/n's eyes rose in disbelief.
The man opened his hands as to say he was going to do no harm and be polite, his eyes on the soon to be wife. "Now, this offer's gonna last for 20 seconds, so listen closely. You're gonna make a statement admitting this marriage is a sham or you're gonna go to prison. You tell the truth, you're off the hook, and he might be allowed to come back in less than a year."
Silence followed, seconds going by as Y/n glanced at Five that was fuming for what his father was doing just because he couldn't accept his own son doing what he wanted in his life.
"Well boy, Take the deal." He said addressing Five even if she was the one that had the faith of the two in he hands. Y/n had understood that this was a battle the two shared out of stubbornness and even if the deal was for her to take Reginald would have never addressed her directly.
"I don't think so." He hissed getting an arm around Y/n.
"Here's your statement. I've worked with Y/n L/n for three years. Six months ago we started dating, we fell in love. I asked her to marry me, she said "yes". I'll see you at the wedding."