Chapter 16 - Let's go get Your Phone

The ringtone broke the magic a little, at least for Five and Y/n, her phone was loud and the sound was so familiar it kinda reminded them of the office. Delilah started crying because of it and... none of the two would blame her.

"I know, it's a horrible sound right?" She said calmly replying to the call and setting a hand on the baby's stomach so to rock her a little back to sleep.

"This is Mr.Hargreeves assistance, how can I help?" She asked, her voice switching to the more monotone office version as the kid calmed down a little, but not enough. From the other side a man replied telling her that the phone and the sim arrived and it was ok for her and Five to go get it. She hummed a yes as the dude kept on saying details yet her attention was a little divided, she locked her phone uncomfortably between her shoulder and ear as she picked up the baby to lull her back to sleep.

"We'll see when we get there." She said as the man tried to keep her on the phone. What else was there to say? She just needed the phone, is not like Five was going to keep it too long, he would replace it as soon as they are back in New York.

Suddenly the phone slipped and as she thought that it was falling she jerked upsetting the baby a little. Beside her was Five that had taken the phone and took the situation in hand.

"We'll be there shortly." He said as he kept his eyes on the woman holding the baby. Y/n sighed relieved for the help and resumed the lulling of the kid whispering sweet things with the most calming voice. It took little time, as soon as her phone was off also the kid was off, sleeping I mean.

"We should go, give the baby back to Lila, she had enough fun." His voice was again like the one at the office, commanding, little cold and left little to no room for failure. Y/n nodded as he started walking not waiting for her and she moved to give the kid back to Lila.

"Diego, sorry would you mind coming with? I really don't trust Five riding that thing." She whispered as Diego chuckled and agreed, he kissed Lila and Delilah on the forehead and followed with.

During the boat ride she gazed at everything she could see, the water, the far away village, the trees and empty sky. Thoughts came back swirling in her head, how unusually caring Five had turned out to be, not only in the morning but also minutes ago as he helped her while trying to deal with work and a kid. It made her wonder how he would be as a father. NO! Wait no... she couldn't be thinking that... she was definitely not thinking that, right?

On the other side of the boat someone else was lost in his own mind too, replaying a little how calm she was while playing in the snow, how she tried to manage everything by herself... the question his brother asked him. Was Y/n competitive? How the hell would he know, he didn't need to know... but now he felt like he did. When did he start considering people's feelings? But then the image of her smiling at Claire and Harlan... and the sweet talking with a kid she had just met. She was the opposite of him wasn't she?

Beside him Diego was humming a kid song, that's all he had rolling in his head since his daughter was born.

"So..." He started pulling Five out of his head. "Does she always call you Mr.Hagreeves?"

He was curious of his brother's habits with his soon-to-be wife, Five glanced at him valuing his response, whatever he says can be made fun off.

"Only at work, why?" He asked, he didn't really want to know, he knew he was better off without knowing, but he had always valued his brothers and sister opinion, even if most of the time it was stupid.

"Only at the office? If Lila would call me Mr.Hargreeves in bed I don't know what I would do." He laughed as he swerved, the city coming closer.

"Ok, Diego, I don't need to know about your sexual habits and preferences." He bitched as he sighed in defeat. It was like he feared, and probably anticipated, something stupid.