Chapter 14 - Heart to Heart Conversation

The air was awkward, their weird interaction of before still ringing in their minds. Let's not add the whole mama and papa Hargreeves arguing in front of Y/n. That's probably what pushed her to talk, because she probably never would have talked about anything other than work with her boss. Now tho she had an insight of his life and had curiosities to fulfill.

"So... What's the deal with you and your father?"

"None of your business."

"We need to learn stuff–..."

"This Is irrelevant. Goodnight."

Silence followed and the strange feeling never left the two of them. Eventually Five sighed defeated, he didn't need someone to barge in and play therapist with him. How many times had he talked with his siblings and tried to just find someone that would be at his mental level, but none of them was ever good enough. Now don't take him wrong, he loved his siblings... he just never had someone competent enough to talk to and he was sure Y/n was even less fit for the job.

"I like dipping vegan nuggets in ice cream. I know is outrageous but if you think about it I am vegetarian so milk is not really a problem..... I was a ballerina in the sixth grade. I was quite promising actually..... I never went to a concert, my parents raised me teaching me to not go to social events...... I think Florence Pugh is hot."

Five eyebrows creased taking in the new information. Did she really think that now was a good time to say all this stuff? He couldn't even write it down to memorize it.

"I don't like flowers inside because they remind me of funerals. I played video games a lot during college and usually I read Wuthering Height during Christmas, is my favorite book..... I haven't slept with a man in... probably 3 years?" She sighed, Her eyes going left and right on the white ceiling trying to come up with something new, anything after this sentence but nothing was there anymore. Nothing popped up.

Silence followed and she panicked a little, she was expecting something but also she didn't think about what was to come after her unwanted rant "I... I like classical music, makes me feel happy... and-"

"I like classical music too." He said interrupting her, he was suffering of second hand embarrassment for her and also he thought it was time to own up and start doing something useful with this fake-relationship. She was trying so hard over there to make it work, something she didn't even have to try so hard for. "I like 1990s music better tho."

"I like nirvana. 'Come As You Are' build my entire teenage years. Come as you are, as you were..." She started mumbling shuffling her hand to a beat that wasn't quite it but was good enough. Then she kept on humming not remembering the lyrics properly. Five caught the rhythm and slightly followed with the tinniest motions of his head.

"As I want you to be... as a friend..." he mumbled and she smiled happy that she wasn't rejected again. She chuckled as he tried to sing some more of the song but the both of them hadn't heard the song in years. He chuckled too, maybe it was the late hour and the fact that he really liked this song, but he didn't even realize he was doing it. They both sighed in sink with a smile on their faces as she shuffled and turned to the side facing the pillow wall.

"What's up with the tattoo you have on your arm...? Is it a-"

"It's an umbrella yes..." she nodded slowly as she heard shuffles from the other side.

"Why do you have-"
"because my father is crazy." She pressed her lips together, his replies were quicker than she had ever experienced, she didn't know if it was safe to keep asking or...

"He's a little fanatic of his empire... he proposed to me and my siblings to get a tattoo for family's sake and that it was kind of a tradition, we were 13 and eager to please him, heads full of how important it was that we did it." She listened, his voice grew colder by the second, how he hated that their father did that to them. Manipulated a bunch of kids that knew only about looking up at him like he was the hero of every story.