Chapter 5 - Safe Flight

Five walked through the main door of the immigration office with his full attention on his phone, the door closing on Y/n that actually hurt her hand under the weight of it, steal and glass. She grunted at the lack of courtesy and followed him while he started blabbering entering his work mode.

"Who gave you the right to actually do that?" He asked shutting his phone and turning around, she walked close to him not letting him intimidate her.

"I'll use the miles for the tickets. First class like always. Being with your family is a small price you pay to make this work."

"This and making you editor? You are moving your feet in a pool of sharks, Y/n." He threatened hand making circled to simulate the concept of the pool, jaw propped forward. He was really annoyed by her move, first because he did not tell her to do it and second because he did not want to spend festivities, or any kind of time, with his family.

Y/n scoffed a smile. "I'm sorry, were you not in that room? I'm looking at a 250'000 dollar fine and five years in jail. I think that's not even enough of a reward, let's not ad the possibility of making my parents fly back in from Paris where they are spending their fine vacation."

"I am not promoting you to editor."

"Then I quit, and you're screwed. It really has been a little slice of heaven." She took her leave, Five calling for her, following her shortly before agreeing after understanding how stubborn and obstinated she was about it. Was he really going to just let her go and blew his chance to get a easy visa?

"Fine! I'll make you editor." Y/n stopped and turned around, eyes squinted to understand if he was really giving in to her conditions. He was hella desperate. "If you do this trip and vacations with me, and the immigration interview, I will make you editor. Happy?"

"Not in two years, right away." She taunted walking back to him. He hissed looking around before agreeing to that too. "And you publish my manuscript, ten thousand copies is enough... Now, ask me properly."

"Ask you what?" He rasped in annoyance.

"Ask me to marry you, properly, Five. On your knee." Five obliged awkwardly after a short staring contest between the two, jaw tightening to prevent insults from escaping his mouth in the middle of the people walking in and out of the building, or just passing by.

"Does this work for you?" He asked in sarcasm, dusting the knee up.

"Oh, I like this. Yeah." She smiled from her upper position and looked around while he asked the question. She shook her head and offered her hand for him to hold. Let's make this rightfully romantic, she was a woman with her own expectations. "Say it like you mean it."

Five sighed, his head ducking down trying to find the strength to actually go through this position he got himself into. With a dip inhale he pulled his back and head up straight and actually delivered nicely. "Y/n? Sweet Y/n?"

"Yes, Five. I'm listening."

"Would you please, make this man the happiest? Will you marry me?"

Y/n pondered it with a deep fake gasp. "I do not appreciate the sarcasm, but I'll do it. See you at the airport, laters." She smiled sliding her hand out his hold and left him there on one knee, she obviously waved with a teasing smile, amused by the dumbfounded and irritated expression of his. Oh, how much she waited to do something like that.

———

"So, these are the questions that INS (International news services) is gonna ask us. Now, the good news is that I know everything about you, But the bad news is that you have four days to learn this about me. So, you should probably get studying." Informed Y/n setting a file on Five's lap, dusted her high waist black pants from the little molecules of dirt that resided on it. She had gone to a old friend to retrieve this questions.

He started going through every page with a half smile doubting very well that she knew even half of this answers.

"You know all the answers to these questions about me?" He chuckled flipping the yellow papers.

"Scary, isn't it?"

"A little bit. What am I allergic to?"

"Pine nuts. And a full spectrum of human emotions."

"Funny, ah ah." He said sarcastically. "Here's a good one. So I have any scars?"

"You have this 3 lines scratch, very visible on your neck. But since we are talking about it, I'm pretty sure that you have a tattoo." She said, the two turning to look at each other at the same time.

"Oh, you're pretty sure?"

"I'm pretty sure. Two years ago, your dermatologist called and asked about a Q-switched laser. I of course Googled what it was and found that they do in fact remove tattoos. But you canceled your appointment. Is it a tribal ink? Dragon on a shoulder? The name of your ex?" She teased leaning a little towards him, he stayed unquivering, eyes staring her down with a sarcastic smile painted under.

"You know is exciting for me to experience you like this." Of course he did not mean that. She was being annoying on porpoise and the both of them knew it, It was just her possibility to finally strike a little bit now that she kinda had the upper hand with this all favor of helping him stay in his boss position.

"Thank you." She smiled fakely nice. "Is it on your arm?"

Five closed the file with a hand on the page to not lose the spot he was in and furrowed his eyebrows. "Do YOU have tattoos?" He reversed the situation trying to tame her curiosity and smart intuition. He did have a tattoo on his arm.

"I do actually, I'm surprised you haven't noticed it, but then again-..." Five stoped looking at her, she was chatty he hated that, went back to look to another question and Y/n cut herself off a little hurt. "Fine then, next time don't ask."

"Here's an important one. Whose place do we stay in, yours or mine? That's easy. Mine." He continued ignoring her remark.

"And why wouldn't we stay at mine?"

"You probably live in a two room apartment with not more than 60mq, messy, disorganized. I live at central Park West, impeccable clean and most importantly close to work." Y/n pressed her lips, the voice of a hostess inviting all the passengers to fasten their set-belts and get ready to land. She looked out off the window, sky dark and cloudy. Now she was double offended, not because he had said all those stuff but because it was true and she kinda hated that he would know that from just lookin at her.

Five put the file away in his bag and in short minutes they were outside the airport with their small luggage under the airport porch, it was only a four days stay anyway. Snow has been falling for the past week and even when they got to the place, there was a little snow coming down still. She closed tight her puffy coat, plunged her hands deep into her pockets and tightened her shoulder trying to prevent the cold from going down her neck. "It's cold."

"It's snowing." Remarked Five a few feet in front of her, they were waiting for something, maybe a taxi. He was wearing a coat too, it was open showing his signature suit from work, Y/n had noticed that he hadn't changed from that morning, how did he even fly comfortably with that on was a mystery. His hands were one on the handle of his travel bag and the other one holding his phone. Was he even cold at all? She shivered feeling the sensation for him since he didn't look like he could suffer from what he was made of.

"What are we waiting for?" She asked finally voicing her mind. Five Grunted at his phone, a ding sound coming out of it. He turned around to look at her, she was trying to bask in her own warmth, closed collar coat covering her mouth, hair framing her face as her shoulder were up. He didn't let that observation distract him from the problem ahead. The two people coming to pick them up.

He looked down the road, lights coming from far down, he knew it was them already. "That." He pointed answering her question, Y/n walked and stopped beside him squinting her eyes.