Chapter 4 - Might end up in Prison

Walking back to the office the whole floor had something to say, either jokes, disappointment, disbelief and, believe it or not, even jealousy. The massage of Y/n actually being engaged with that cruel troll of a boss dinged in every computer and the woman could only look around and take it in. She closed the glass door behind her as soon as they were in his office, walking stiffly she stoped in front of his desk were on the contrary he was comfortable sited and continuing his work, paper clips getting moved, first manuscript of the day getting placed in the middle of the table Like nothing happened.

"What?" He was conscious of the eyes on him but didn't even look up at her, signaling perfectly where she stood on his list of 'important stuff'. She looked outside the door before looking back at him, hand sitting on the back of a chair as a way to hold her own mind up after what just happened.

"I don't understand what's happening... No, I do understand I just... what happened?" She asked with a voice that clearly resembled her position and state of mind. Five moved the first pages of the script to the side, his work expression unchangeable at the goofy behavior of his assistant.

"Relax, this is for you too."

"Do explain."

"They were going to make Bob chief."

"So naturally I would have to marry you..."

"And what's the problem? You were saving yourself for someone special?"

Y/n face hardened a little at the sarcastic sentence, like he was ever going to be with someone special, good face but horrible personality really. "I like to think so. Besides, it's illegal."

"That's so naive of you, they are looking for terrorists not for book publishers." He remarked eyes never leaving the paper, Y/n was getting frustrated with this, it seemed that he did not care about the possible backlash this could have and let's not consider the immorality of doing something like this when there are real scammers thinking exactly the same way.

"Five. I'm not gonna marry you." That's what caught her boss's attention, she had never called him by his first name at work, and actually not even in private.

"Of course you are. Because if you don't marry me, your dreams of touching the lives of millions with the written word are dead." He finally looked up at her when turning another page. Y/n eyes moved left and right to scan the desk and him, she really didn't know how he came up with this conclusion, his firing could not be that impactful on her life, right?

Five sighed understanding that she had a problem looking at the near future and possible and of her career in that case scenario, he ran a hand through his hair and set his elbows comfortably on his desk before starting his rant of witty explanation. "Bob Is gonna fire you the second I'm gone. Guaranteed. That means you are out on the streets alone looking for a job. So all the time that we spent together, all the coffees, all the canceled dates, all the midnight office runs and late nights here were all for nothing, all your dreams of being an editor are gone."

She was giving no sign of not understanding what she was delivering so after a short second to let her observed everything and realize he continued with a reassurance. "But don't worry, after the required amount of time, we'll get a quick divorce and you'll be done with me. Until then, like it or not, your wagon is stitched to mine. Yeah? Grab the phone." He concluded, phone ringing just at the end, she took a minute to finally move and take the call, her breath a little raged by the realization of where he stood and how problematic this situation was. What the hell was she going to say to her parents?

———

"Five. You can't just skip the line." She argued while following his boss. They were at the immigration office, a long line of different people waiting for their turn, and chatting with each other. Five did not have time for this, he was ok with treating what was in his way poorly. So he walked right up to the front of the line, putting himself just after the guy who thanked the dude behind the counter that was asking for the next one to walk closer. Spoiler, it wasn't supposed to be them.