Chapter 13 - Naked Encounter

Y/n could not get to her room, in her way appeared Klaus, Diego and Ben walking down the stairs, they detected her and convinced her to go have a snack with them. She tried to refuse but Klaus could not take no for an answer.
"Come on, it's cereals. Don't tell me you are in a diet 'cause your body is a temple." She could not refuse, he was convincing and she really liked sweet food. That action prevented her to see Five entering the house and walking up stairs, clothes drenched in sweat.

"The times he had caught us peeing in the car's gas tank." The three laughed loudly at bringing up how Five always caught them doing the worst thing to their father's belongings and how he just bullied them but never told their parents about it.
"Yeah, our childhood? Would never wish anything like that to any other child." Chuckled Diego sipping at his beer, a drink he had preferred  to have instead of eating cereals like, quote, babies. "That man never loved us."

"On that note..." Y/n lifted her finger unsure to ask. "If I can ask, you all are very different and clearly around the same age, how-..."
"We were adopted." Was Diego's fast reply. Silence fell in the room, except for Klaus that was really enjoying and in the zone with his bowl of cereal. Ben sighed and pulled a smile while Diego excused himself and left the room melancholic. Y/n figured he was not happy with thinking about the all adoption thing...
"He's sensitive to this, had it the roughest." Ben excused his brother, Y/n nodded understanding, silence persisted between them and when she finished her bowl, after washing it and putting it in the dishwasher, she also went her way, destination? Bedroom.

She entered the room as soon as Five turned the shower off, behind her was Pogo that had decided to follow the nice lady that gave her such warm and cuddly pets. The dog was pretty silent around her, she was calm and so was he, the only thing hearable would be its harsh breath achieved by sticking his tongue out. Y/n was happy to be followed, she felt so specials when animals were comfortable around her.

She went for the little balcony just outside the window. "Pogo, stay. It's cold." She said. She covered herself up with the fluffy comforter over the bed and went outside to breath in a little bit of that cold air that smelled like snow.

"Where's the towel?" Asked Five to himself, his naked wet body having goosebumps at the cold air of the bathroom hitting his hot, now clean body. He looked around spotting the towels under the sink, nope, he wasn't looking for those... but there was nothing else, just a exfoliation glove on the side of the sink. He sighed deeply, one hand going through his wet hair in annoyance. He had to go out to get one.
So he went for it, peaked outside and after getting a good eye to the cabinet just a feet from the door, where he knew other towels would be, he tried to step out.

The barks made it difficult for him. Pogo went ballistic as soon as he saw Five peaking, not in a aggressive way, in more of a insistent way, like a child that would ask you 30 questions per second.
"Sit." He prompted, trying to close the door before the dog could enter.
Pogo managed to get inside, so his attempt to close the door was futile. "Let me get a towel." He ordered stepping back, the dog sitting under his tone, door slowly opening by itself. Five nodded to the dog happy that it actually obeyed, Pogo set still looking at Five getting out of the bathroom and finally getting a decent size towel to dry up and cover. "Good dog. Now go."

Y/n opened the door the second Pogo trotted out of the room, she was so concentrated on seeing the dog leave that she hadn't noticed the man in front of her. A man that had actually heard her getting back in and that was fully aware of her presence. Towel swiftly flew around him to cover himself before she would bump into his naked body with her dry clothes, her duvet tight in her hand ready to be put somewhere.

Their bodies were on each other, stumbled and fell. A hard thud resonated downstairs but was muffled by whatever music Luther was listening to compose the next important playlist for the love of his life. Y/n groaned, they had hit each other's forehead and it wasn't pleasant at all.

"Fuck..." Mumbled Five under the weight of his fake fiancée , a hand coming up to caress the place he hit on his own head while the said woman just shuffled her head in pain.

"Where did you come from?" She whined not moving an inch, her hair tickling his neck while she pressed her forehead further on his wet shoulder. That's when she noticed. "Why are you wet?" Her body slightly lifting to see that between her and the naked body of the boss she hated was only a towel, a damp towel.

"Look up." He tried to cover up better but it was dangerous, he pulled the towel a little, fully aware that he had no idea how it was on him and if he risked to show anything by doing so. Y/n tensed up and stopped him, hand on his wet one. "Is that a tattoo?"

She wanted to get up and leave him the privacy to dry up and dress up but her head had other plans. It pounded hard when she tried to shift her weight backwards and stay on her knees to get up, she just ended up falling with her head on his shoulder again.

Five huffed at the impact and they laid like that for a second more, his head racing in annoyance of the situation. He was fresh out of shower, wet and naked like a baby under the body of this girl he believed he had no sympathy for and it wasn't like he could get up or shove her cause he was in the same conditions, head pounding like a bitch.

"Did you take a shower?" She mumbled after a short time.

"What does it look to you?"

She hummed moving her head to the side, I mean since she had to stay like that for a while... "Was it nice?"

Five face scrunched in confusion, he looked down at her like she was insufferable and, at the moment, an inconvenience. He huffed and didn't reply. He didn't want to talk, this situation was bad already, he didn't need to hear her stupid goofy self talking. He just hoped that no one would get inside while the both of them where stuck like this.

It didn't take long for Y/n to move and so did Five. "I'll just... go take one too." She said giving her back to him.

"Yeah, you go do that." His response was short but stingy and waisted no time. She placed the duvet on the bed, she reached for the cabinet to get a towel and hide herself in the bathroom, all that with her back still towards him.

———

This time her pajamas was less wow and more comfy. She had cotton gray shorts and a big green shirt with a big almost washed out 58 in the front of it. Five was sitting on the bed, her phone in hand, he was probably doing some work. Speaking about work. Y/n looked at the table on the side with her computer on display, she didn't remember taking it out and putting it around but fair enough.

She set at the desk and opened it up. This wasn't her computer, it was a little bigger and surely updated. But the password was hers and the files inside were hers.
"That's Diego's." She turned around hearing his voice. Five had his eyes locked on the smaller screen in his hands but had other stuff to say. "Since he made yours fall into the lake. All your files are in there. I need you to be functional."

Her mouth closed and opened like the one of a fish and when Five looked up he really thought she was one. His nose irked at that. "Stop making that stupid face."

"Sorry..." Was her reply, but she only knew how to say that on the matter. He scoffed and shuffled under the bed sheets.

"I'll take the bed today."

That shook Y/n into reality. "Wait... what?" She knew it was too nice to be true, Five Hargreeves sleeping on the floor for her?

"Don't be scared, Y/n, The fire keeps warm."

She shook her head and strongly disagreed with her voice, she too got under the same sheets and stubbornly left her self get comforted by the soft pillows.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Taking my place."

"That's the floor for you."

"I can be pathetic at work but you can only dream to command me into sleeping on the floor."

Shuffles and shuffles, they were now face to face. She looked calm and he was more then irritated. Their eyes fought, he had this stingy eyes, big and clear... She would have quivered if she didn't know how arrogant and mean he was already. Her eyes were stoic and warm, she clearly was not gonna cave in even if the staring contest was starting to chip away her firmness.

It ended with a pillow wall between them, one pillow for a pillow wall but still something right?