Chapter 2 - Don't make a scene

The two entered the office leaving the door open, greeted by Bob in his oversize tuxedo, glasses set on his nose, skin tanned, black hair and eyes. Y/n could guess he was Indian. "Ah! Our fearless leader and his liege. Please, do come in." And sarcasm could be heard dropping from those words.

Her boss fake smiled, cup still in hand, obviously, the other deep in his pocket. He looked around himself shortly noticing a new furniture. "Oh. Beautiful Breakfront. Is it new?"

The room was decorated by a obviously nice working desk, a warm brown breakfront, a glass coffee table, lamps and a couple of small armchair. Mr.Hargreeves walked up to the mentioned furniture while Bob explained its origins. "It is English Regency Egyptian Revival, built in the 1800s. But, yes, it is new to my office." He smiled triumphantly for his own knowledge.

"Witty." Replied the boss amused before looking up at his soon to be ex-employe. "Bob, I'm letting you go."

Bob eyes widened in surprise, a surprise that even Y/n shared with a fast snap of the head towards their boss... or better said, only her boss now. Bob looked at the assistant before regaining himself before challenging his superior. "Pardon?"

"I asked you over a dozen times to get Frank to do Oprah, and you didn't do it. You are fired." Y/n looked between the two deciding that it was best to keep this private, so she closed the door beside her and pressed her lips together for a short second. She was not to speak.

"I have told you that is impossible. Frank hasn't done an interview in 20 years." He smiled cockingly taking his glasses off.

"Well that is interesting, because I just got off the phone with him, and he is in." Y/n, at his boss's words, overlapped her arms in front of her, one of the hands coming up to hold her mouth shut, she had her eyes wide open and a front row to a first degree drama.

"Excuse me?"

"You didn't even call him, did you?" The boss accused, Bob stuttered back a 'but' falling right into the truth. "I know, I know. Frank can be a little scary to deal with. For you. Now, I will give you two months to find another job. And then you can tell everyone you resigned, ok?" It wasn't a real question, he picked up Frank's book from the former employe's desk and gave it to Y/n leaving the guy stunned and stuck like a statue with propped eyes and hand still on his desk so he wouldn't fall on his ass.

The two walked out while Y/n was taking a look at the cover of the book, she opened the door letting her boss walk past her. "What's his twenty?" He asked as soon as they were outside the office, Y/n looked back.

"He's moving. He has crazy eyes." They walked forward just after she had seen him approach the door, this was top tier drama... Bob was going to make a scene. The Boss muttered under his breath for Bob to not actually do it, but considering his stunned reaction and overall sarcasm...

"You little bastard! You can't fire me!" He screamed seconds outside his office, catching the attention of every single co-worker on the floor "You don't think I see what your are doing here? Sandbagging me on this Oprah thing just so that you can look good to the board? Because YOU are threatened by me! And you are a monster."

"Bob, stop." He tried to stop him looking to the side with a half smile of amusement, Y/n looked up at him while leaning on a desk so she wouldn't pose as a messenger between the two.

"Just because you have no semblance of a life outside of this office, you think that you can treat all of us like your own personal slaves. You know what? I feel sorry for you. Because you know what you are gonna have on your deathbed? Nothing and no one." She then jutted her jaw lips disappearing because she knew that her boss was adamant, he probably was ready with some fire back and he was. He. Was.