Religion's In Your Lips

Olysia walked around the garden with a purpose. She was searching the grounds in hopes of seeing Nikolai. She was rather disappointed she had not seen them until she was met with the sight of Nikolai completely collapsed against the railing.

"You look worse for wear." Olysia held back a small smile.

Nikolai jumped at Olysia's voice. "I have no idea what you are referring to. I am simply leisurely leaning."

"Is that what you call it? Leisurely leaning and not completely slumped against the railing out of exhaustion." Olysia looked Nikolai up and down with her eyes. "You are a complete mess."

"Many women find disheveled men attractive. Do you agree or should you take a second glance at me?" He winked at her.

She tried to ignore how her heart sped up at the thought of Nikolai sitting at his desk working on whatever blueprint he deemed important at the time.

How he always seemed to roll his sleeves just enough to make you stare and imagine what else lay underneath his thin shirts. How his hair was always messy which made his curls more prominent. How whenever he would run his hands through his hair, she had wished it was her own.

Like he knew how hard it was to focus by simply existing in close proximity to her.

"I think I've looked at you enough." Olysia leaned against the railing next to him.

"There's no need to try to swing at my ego." Nikolai chuckled.

"Who else will keep it in check?"

"I wouldn't want anyone else to." He sighed loudly before changing the subject. "What are you doing here? Do you not have work to do?"

"There's always work to do. I just needed a break from the workshop." Olysia shrugged. She tried to hide the fact that the real reason she was here was because she knew he would be.

"Is that the only reason?" He refused to look away from the tree line he found so interesting.

"Do you want there to be another one?" Olysia said nonchalantly, glancing at Nikolai briefly before returning her gaze in front of her.

"Maybe I do." Nikolai admitted so quietly that it was almost lost to the wind. But Olysia caught his voice because she would find a way to cling on to every word he would ever say.

"You're walking a dangerous line, Nikolai." Olysia sighed. Her mind prevented herself from getting lost in his words. Her body did not seem to understand why she was holding back because she warmed up from within and felt as if her body was falling through the air.