Alex

"So, sorry they were a little harsh to you back there, they can be quite rude. Especially Gally, he is just insecure about a lot of things. So let's go for a walk, shall we?" Alex said as he grabbed my hand. We started to walk away from the Homestead, and down by the gardens. it was peaceful, relaxing. Alex stood their, looking at me. His dark blue eyes were flawless, as if they were dark portals. He stopped staring and continued to walk. "Wait, I remember my name, its Beatrice." I said as my voice popped out of my throat, startling me a little. Beatrice? It does not sound like me, I don't like it. "Well, hey Beatrice, it's a good sign when you get your name back, some people don't. Just like Frypan, the cook, his name never came back. So, we call him Frypan since he is nameless." That thought broke my heart, how could someone not have a name? It must be terrible. "So, feel free to talk to me about anything, I am your instructor, so you can tell me anything ok, Beatrice?" Alex said with a smile. He started to walk back towards the Homestead. "Bye the way, can you please call me Tris, I don't like my name Beatrice, it sounds like a little old lady." "Well, I guess so, I can tell everyone that your name is Tris, they will believe it from the start. Is this what you really want?" He said. "Yes, please call me Tris." "Okay, Tris see you tomorrow." Tris! Now that is a name I like. It feels like me, I just a hope no one finds out. The sun exhausted me, this whole day stressed me, I was so tired I headed to the Homestead without dinner. I curled up into my bed, and tried to go to sleep. Soon, the distant voices of people eating, left, and now it went into darkness where I fell asleep.
" But Jeanine, she cannot be the one. Look at her! She was Abnegation while waiting in the system. She can not be part of this. She is too... ordinary." "Jansen! Listen to me, I've had my cameras on her the whole time, she is the one. I've told you before she is different. Just trust me. we can't keep fighting, we should be loving each other, we've struggled so hard to make these trials even a plan..."
I screamed, as I awoke from the nightmare. My hands were clenched and sweaty, white at the knuckles. My jaw ached from clenching that too. I got up, and wiped my hands on my pants. And started to look around. At least Emery was still asleep. I share a room with her and I'm glad I did not wake her. I tip toed across the creaky, wooden floor as I opened the door and walked out. I headed down the stairs, when suddenly, I heard a noise down below. It was someone walking, and it sounded like they were coming at me. I stood, frozen as the footsteps approached. I could not turn back, otherwise they would know. I just stood their motionless. The lantern came closer, as it blinded my eyes. And then it was on the steps. it looked up at me and smiled. With a sigh of relief, I was happy to know that the person was Alex. "Hey Tris, why are you up? It's like 5 am." "Well I could say the same about you, what are you doing?" "I asked you first." He said with his smile. "Well, this will sound kind of crazy, but I had these dreams, more like nightmares, that woke me." I said as I walked down the steps to him. He grew silent. "What's wrong?" I said because his face looked mortified. "Tris, follow me we can not speak of this, not here." I followed as Alex walked quickly out of the Homestead. This was really scaring him. And, it was starting to scare me. Once we were out of the Homestead, we stopped and he began to speak. "Tris, I believe you, you see, I've had these... Dreams too. Honestly, I really know what's going on. I've had so many of those nightmares, I got information. About all the crappy people who put us here. But, I've kinda been lying to you, to everyone. My name is not Alex, that was the name they gave me. But, my name is, Tobias." He finished his statement as he breathed in and out. He said that so fast, I could barely make out what he said... then the sounds came.