Chapter Nineteen

Ziyi was surprised when Yibo arrived at their house at around half past seven in the evening.

"Sir! Come in..."

"I won't take long, Ziyi. I'll just ask if Zhan is there?"

Ziyi's eyebrows met. "N-no, sir. Isn't he in your townhouse?"

"He's not in the unit, Ziyi. I've been waiting for him for three hours. Do you know where he's gone?"

She heard the concern in WYB's voice and shook her head. "I also passed by the townhouse earlier. But the guard said that there was no one there. I even thought that maybe he went just shopping."

"He's got all his things with him, Ziyi." Yibo speak worriedly. Except for the money he left earlier, it's still in the dresser.

"I spoke to him twice on the phone this morning, Sir. The first time was when I told him about his termination letter. The last time was when I accepted Alen's dismissal. I asked him what happened. He was crying when he answered the phone."

Yibo groaned. "He probably thought his termination came from me." Yibo closed his eyes.

Damn you, Zhany! I thought we agreed to come and talk to each other when there was a problem...

"Maybe it is. I was thinking about the same too. Because Sir Haikuan said the order is from the higher up." Ziyi said.

"I just came from the office, and I had the guard open your filing cabinet. I even opened your computer. Except for the address of his former boarding house, there is nothing there, no information in where I can find on him." Yibo's shoulders sagged.

Ziyi thought WYB aged ten years at that moment. Then he looked at her again.

"Where shall I find him, Ziyi?" he asked helplessly.

Ziyi thought for a moment. "Isn't it possible he goes back to his province?"

"I thought about that while I was on my way here. But where is his province? He doesn't have his province address in file."

"In Chongqing, WYB. In Chongqing! Zhan's aunt is there."

Chongqing. Zhan mentioned it once when they were eating. Why didn't he think of that right away?

"B-but where in Chongqing, Sir?"

Yibo took a deep breath. "It's up to the people I'm going to pay to find the place. At least, I know where to find even if I search all over Chongqing," he said determinedly.

❤️💚❤️💚❤️💚❤️💚❤️💚❤️

When such a month, the sedges bloom. The white flowers of cogon covered the whole hill and wasteland which looked like snow. And it dances in the wind.

Zhan's eyes were focused on it, although he couldn't see anything. It's been a month since he returned to their old house. He did not accept his aunt's offer to stay with them.

He also cleaned the whole house for a few days. His three younger cousins ​​helped him in arranging and cleaning. And so is his childhood friend Darren. One of these days he will look for a job in town or somewhere near them. He will never return to Beijing. Again a sharp pain in his chest at the thought of it. It's been a month, but he can't get Yibo out of his mind despite what he thinks Yibo hurt him.

"You're thinking under the tree again," said Darren who silently approached him. "What exactly is your problem, ZhanZhan?"

Zhan looked at the source of the deep voice. His childhood friend Darren.